HealthBoards (
-   Back Problems (
-   -   My husbands bad back (

bride527 02-19-2006 04:49 PM

My husbands bad back
My husband has been suffering for months with a bad back. He does physical labor all day long and works outside in the cold which doesn't help. Anyway, he refuses to go to a dr. I have been trying to get him to go but he keeps insisting that it "will get better one of these days". It is getting worse. He finally decided to make an appointment to see a chiropractor. I think he should see a doctor and get an MRI. The chiro will do an x-ray first right? would he send him for an MRI if he things something is going on? I am concerned . He is in alot of pain now and is miserable. any comments. thanks bride527

HurtinHouston 02-19-2006 10:45 PM

Re: My husbands bad back

Your intuition is right on...he needs to see a spine specialist. Xrays will come 1st, followed by an MRI possibly. Some chiros take xrays, but my experience is that most don't...they just jump in and that can cause worse problems. Of course, many back problems don't show on xrays anyway. If your husband is as stuborn as mine, you have your hands full, but he really should see the spine doctor before he does anything else. Best of luck and I hope he has a speedy recovery.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:23 AM.