It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Drx 9000

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #46
    Rushtonbear
    (female)

Rushtonbear HB User
    Re: Drx 9000

I'm on comp,they tell you to do all conservative treatment,yet they won't pay for a DRX treatment.They rather spend over $100,000 for spinal fusion,which hate to tell ya is no cure either,the rest of discs will follow in same path,like a domino effect.After awhile its a nuisance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2006, 05:53 AM   #47
    Rushtonbear
    (female)

Rushtonbear HB User

Hi Greg,
    You mentioned holding off on surgery,what problem do you have with back?Is there any less treatment than going in for a bone graft etc,I hear your body can absorb the bone in your fusion.This doctor,wants to do the old method.I was considering DRX,but no insurance and WC won't pay,stupid when ya think about it.So troubled,confused,worried,what about a nursing home?maybe I should start checking myself into one.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:27 AM   #48
    Vick559
    (female)

Vick559 HB User

Hello Greg,
    As I can see, you have had good results with the DRX 9000. My brother is finishing his fourth week (bulging disc) and he has seen moderate results--his poundage is close to 100 and he still has quite some pain...like you, the treatments are painless so they are not reducing the pressure, but recently, some nights, he can't even sleep because of the pain--I was wondering if you experienced pain at night and if the progress was slow--did you feel pain even in the fourth week ? We're really wondering if this will work...Should they decrease the pressure ? When did you start feeling better ? Thank you for your time, I'm trying to speak with many people concerning this machine because I'm worried this might not work...

Old 06-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #49
    Beachingout
    (female)

Beachingout HB User
    Drx 9000

Hi Slotman, you mentioned that the DRX9000 treatment is considered a medical procedure with your PPO. I was under the impression that it would not be covered under my PPO. Did you need to get any prior authorization?

Old 06-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #50
    Beachingout
    (female)

Beachingout HB User

Hi Greg, I've been reading the posts, and keyed in on yours. My husband begins the DRX9000 treatments this Monday. He has L4-L5 & L5-S1 disc bulging, L3-L4 herniated, and L1-L-2 & L2-L3 degenerating. His condition has progressed to this stage after 18 years of Chiropratic Care (which helped up until about a year ago) and a few spinal injections. Our next option seems to be surgery. He has heard about the DRX9000 treatments, so he wanted to try it figuring the success rate claim is better than the back surgery success rate.

Anyhow, the doctor has included in the instructions that he refrain from all medications, including anti-inflammatories (ipbrofin/motrin). I noticed you said you took 3 motrin. Did your doctor indicate not to take anything either?

By the way, how are you doing now?

I look forward to your answers.

Beachingout

Old 06-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #51
    chirodrx
    Inactive

chirodrx HB User

Hello Everyone,

I just did a search for DRX9000 and found this board. I read through some of the post in this thread and noticed some mis-information about the different traction/decompression machines.

[COLOR=DarkRed][B][REMOVED][/B][/COLOR]The VAX-D unit is one of the first out there. If you look at the FDA ([url]www.fda.gov[/url]) approval summary, you will see the Axiom DRX9000 is based on the VAX-D unit and even uses some of the research from the VAX-D unit. IDD and the DRX9000 are all off-shoots of the VAX-D. The NASA connection to the DRX9000 has not been substatiated, and I have been unable to find anything to back Axiom's claims.

[COLOR=DarkRed][B][REMOVED][/B][/COLOR]

As for my personal experience, Everyone that has started treatment has gained some relief, but 100% relief is not the norm. How long the treatment will last all depends on the individual. [COLOR=DarkRed][B][REMOVED][/B][/COLOR] Good luck on your journey to a better life.

Tony

Last edited by HBMod07; 06-13-2006 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Please read the posting rules regarding profession

Old 06-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #52
    joyfitz
    (female)

joyfitz HB User

[COLOR=DarkRed][REMOVED][/COLOR]

Another question: is the $5,000 cost [COLOR=DarkRed][REMOVED][/COLOR]reasonable for the results obtained, particularly since most insurances (at least mine) won't cover the cost?
    Joyce

Last edited by HBMod07; 06-13-2006 at 11:39 AM. Reason: questions based on pervious post which was not permitted per rules

Old 06-23-2006, 02:53 PM   #53
    OWL
    (male)

OWL HB User

I am passing on some information that I believe this group will find helpful.

First, all three machines that this thread has mentioned are based on VAX-D. Look at the FDA certifications or 510K for each [COLOR="Orange"][removed][/COLOR]
    Second, VAX-D is the ONLY therapy that has completed any research. If you look carefully at IDD and DRX, they are using VAX-D research, not their own. The main differences between the units are the apperances, the lack of a cervical unit on the VAX unit and the fact that VAX is the only unit that has a 510K regarding its Logarithmic curve...which means the way the unit decompresses the spine in order to fool the muscle guarding reflex

Third, as far as IDD and DRX are concerned, they are the same table. IDD was established by ex-DRX employee or vice versa...I can not remember which way it goes but they use the same tech. It all depends on how good the salesman is.

In any case, a non-surgical approach is [B][U]ALWAYS [/U][/B]better than a surgical one. I have know many many people who have had spinal fusion and not a single one of them are better now than they were. In fact, many of these people are worse off. If any of you are considering surgery ask your surgeon about the outcome of surgical canidates. How many of his/her patients have had to have follow up surgery. Ask him/her about the weaking of the discs above and below the surgical site. Please do not misunderstand me in some cases surgery is the only option but because insurance likely will not pay entirely for the above referenced therapies please do not rule them out. As I mentioned I have watched as several people close to me have gone through surgery and not a sinlge one is better off than they were before. I have also seen people go through the therapies above and although not everyone is better off 4 out of the 5 are. And the fifth probably would still be however she did not continue to excersize, eat properly, and take care of her spine.

I hope this information helps and I hope all of you find relief in some fashion...Back Pain is a horrible problem and I would not wish it on a single person.

Regards,
    OWL

Last edited by HBMod07; 06-24-2006 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules

Old 07-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #54
    joyfitz
    (female)

joyfitz HB User
    Smile Re: Drx 9000

Greg: How are you doing six weeks into the therapy? Still hope you are as positive about it as when you first began

Old 07-06-2006, 01:42 AM   #55
    marieclark33
    (female)

marieclark33 HB User

good luck on your therapy!!! hope things work well.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:50 AM   #56
    marieclark33
    (female)

marieclark33 HB User

how much do your therapy cost? its a long process, i guess.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #57
    FiftyOuts
    (male)

FiftyOuts HB User

The cost in Charleston, SC is $4600 for 20 session package. I thought that was quite expensive !!! $230 per session.

Last edited by FiftyOuts; 07-06-2006 at 08:39 AM.

Old 07-09-2006, 05:26 PM   #58
    BigBoeings
    (male)

BigBoeings HB User

Hi all..........

I have not been able to find a practioner in the Kansas City area that is utilizing the DRX 9000 machine. Does anyone know of one who does?

Old 07-11-2006, 06:15 AM   #59
    akansasguy
    (male)

akansasguy HB User
    Drx 9000 MONEY BACK GAURANTEE

How many DRX9000 (or 9500) users had/have been offered the "money back gaurantee"?
    Bob

Old 07-26-2006, 07:22 PM   #60
    Justoneofus
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Justoneofus HB User

In my opinion, I have to say that many are offering the "money back guarantee" because MOST do feel better during the therapy. The problem is [COLOR="Navy"][B][U]AFTER[/U][/B][/COLOR].. [COLOR="Navy"][U]MOST[/U][/COLOR] digress right back to where they were before the treatment, over short period of time. Some are lucky and get longer relief.

My decompression therapy helped my whole back but made NO DIFFERENCE in the disks that are in trauma. NO difference AT ALL! It is not a cure, it's a bandaid for most with disk bulges/herniations/tears/DDD, etc.

I have yet to find an orthopaedic surgeon that has anything positive to say about the therapy. I have seen 4 and all gave it no merits at all. Even though I was sitting in front of them saying, but overall I do feel better.

I went through it hoping to keep from surgery. I have learned alot since that time frame and having it offered to me now, knowing what I know.. I would not have used all that money on the treatments.

I had DDD at L4/L5, bulging disk at L5/S1. I am now 14 weeks post fusion at L4/L5 with Infuse BMP with hardware. I wished I had done it long ago.

Take care. Tammy

Closed Thread