It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Surgery postponed...again:(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
    lfoster21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lfoster21 HB User
    Wink Surgery postponed...again:(

Well, just to keep you all up to date...my surgery has now been moved from tomorrow to Thu. (It has been postponed now 3 times) and it is going to be done at a hospital I am not fond of. (for my last fusion, I was at this hospital and when I threw up the day after my surgery...no one came when I called for something to throw up in and when I ended up throwing up every where, 2 nurses came in...looked at each other...and said we cant clean it up. Housekeeping needs to do that and they left me to lay in it for 10 mins.)

Anyway...I did not intend on posting all my complaints I just wanted to thank everyone for thinking about me and to let you know that the surgery will be on Thu.

Hope you all have a good night sleep,

Lorie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lfoster21; 04-18-2006 at 02:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #2
    caszyman
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

caszyman HB User
    Re: Surgery postponed...again:(

I was just thinking about you and thought tomorrow was surgery. So sorry to hear of another postponment. I send you best wishes for Thursday. cas

Old 04-18-2006, 04:50 PM   #3
    Suzy-Q
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Suzy-Q HB User

My Godfrey Lorie - I don't know how you are holding up! And are you still unable to stand, walk, or sit for any length of time? Gosh, I'm sorry for you.

Your story about this hospital reminded me of my first surgery 13 years ago for gall bladder removal. It was an emergency surgery at mid-night and hubby on the night shift at a different hospital. Anyway, I was pretty out of it and when hubby finally got there many hours after I was in my room he found the OR people had dumped me in an unmade bed! Yep, I was there in a johnny with one white blanket but no pillow and no sheets! That was Long Island, NY and I never quite forgave them for it. Just kidding.

Fat lot of good it will do you this time Lorie but here is an insider tip. I come from a very medical family so trust me on this one. I ALWAYS visit the floor and nursing staff ahead of any scheduled procedure. I call and literally book an appointment. I take an interest in their work and I ask all sorts of questions and I am very generous with my praise. It makes a huge difference to my care- I am sure of that.

My stay for my fusion was in the new Ortho Wing of my favorite hospital. I spent 35 minutes getting a tour and that was hosted by the head of the nursing staff. I did that 3 weeks before my surgery. She remembered my surgery date,came to the OR waiting room to see my family during my surgery, and was there when my eyes opened. I was treated like royalty by the entire staff from first to last.

I was a teacher years ago and I learned the value of a candy bribe. I guess we never outgrow the desire for sweets! Suzy-Q

Old 04-18-2006, 05:00 PM   #4
    lfoster21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lfoster21 HB User
    Wink Re: Surgery postponed...again:(

Thanks guys for the warm wishes. Yes, Suzy, I still can't sit or stand at all. I can lay on my side and I can walk abit. I just can not wait for the surgery. If I had the time, I would definatly do that tour. I did that for the hospital I was suppose to go to. It was also by the head of nursing and I told her why I was choosing their hospital over the other one and she gave me her card and told me if I have any problems this time around to either call her directly or tell one of the nurses Id like to see her. (She smiled and said that would get their attn.) But now, sadly, I will have to go to the hospital that I was in last year. Anyway, at least I am having the surgery. It can not come too soon

Thanks again for your thoughts,

Lorie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-18-2006, 05:10 PM   #5
    Tucsonlady40
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Tucsonlady40 HB User

Lori,

I've been reading your posts and I'm sorry that you will have to wait again. I wish you and successful surgery and speedy recovery!!

If they treat you bad this time, just tell them that they have all of Healthboards readers and posters sending letters to their superiors..lol.

Anyway, take care and let us know how your doing.
    Bernie

Old 04-18-2006, 06:45 PM   #6
    mamakitkat
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mamakitkat HB User

Hey Lorie,
    I'm so sorry to hear your waiting again, I have thought about you alot, you will be in my prayers. You have helped me thru by reading yoru posts. I will miss you while your gone, hope to see back on here very soon.

Good Luck & God Bless !

Carol

Old 04-18-2006, 07:07 PM   #7
    caszyman
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

caszyman HB User

Lori,
    My daughter and I also toured the pediatric unit and the pediatric icu unit before her surgery. It did really comfort us and we recognized some of the nurses we saw during our tour. I'm so sorry that they switched the hospital also since you didn't like it the first time. I'm assuming it's the same dr, but he goes to two different hospitals. I hope all goes well for you! cas

Closed Thread