It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Pain getting worse everyday...Is this possible ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-11-2006, 05:39 AM   #1
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User
    Pain getting worse everyday...Is this possible ?

To catch some of you up to speed , I had laminectomy and fusion of my L4-L5
    in April, 2004 , a year later still in pain ,had a broken pedical screw and some bad stabbing pain in my left leg so I had a revision surgery this past October , woke up to burning fire on my left foot and right thigh My doctor told me he had to remove all my hardware cause I was only 3% healed from my first surgery, the pain kind of went away until around 2 months ago when I started to get tingling and slight burning in both legs , the not so funny part it seem's like every day It gets more painful and in more places, like its growing . It starts out tingling then gets like a burning feeling and then later on its a pounding in my feet and legs so bad , last night when I went to bed my feet were numb like they were alseep , good thing I see my doctor tomorrow , I'm getting really concerned about this , I just pray I won't need any corrective surgery for this , right now I am taking Cymbalta and lyrica . And when the pain is at it's worse 1 or 2 hydrocodone and a beer or 2. I have been doing therapy and seeing a chiro for my upper back and hips , has anyone ever experienced this type of pain and what did they do about it ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2006, 06:07 AM   #2
    sheri42
    (female)

sheri42 HB User
    Re: Pain getting worse everyday...Is this possible ?

I am going through that now. I am not yet 12 weeks post op L4-S1 TLIF. My left foot started on fire then the right and now the left calf. I wake up every day on fire and my left calf is very stiff and sore. I also developed severe sensitivity in both feet and a few toes. I am on topomax and neurotin and am pretty much convinced that I have RSD/CRPS that is spreading through my body. The burning is the worst.
    I am 34 and if I have this horrible condition from my surgery I have no idea what the future holds for me. I put this surgery off for 10 years because of fear and if I have this now, then I will regret for the rest of my life. Let me know what you find out. YOu sound exactly like me. except no revision here.
    sheri

Old 05-11-2006, 06:16 AM   #3
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Sheri , sorry for your pain to ,it stinks ! I'm 40 and scared because it's getting worse.
    What is RSD and CRPS and is it curable ? Jeesh It don't sound good. What has your doctor told you about this problem we're having ? I'll let you know tomorrow or Monday what my surgeon say's about it, I hope I can get some honest answers for us .
    Take care

Old 05-15-2006, 04:05 AM   #4
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Just an update on my doctor visit this past Friday 5/12/06. Doc looked at my x-rays and told me he couldn't see anything wrong , I ask why would my workers comp doctor write in his report to my employer's insurance that he see's no sign whatsoever of healing in my fusion , he said the doc must be a quak , his exact words. Then he looked at my CT and said he see's no nerves pinched , so he is setting me up for a MRI tomorrow , he said he may have to go in and clean out the scar tissue because it could be putting pressure on my nerves . I hope it's just scar tissue . I hope I didn't upset the poor guy , but I been down that road before , my first surgeon never told me I didn't fuse ,nor wanted to remove a broken pedical screw . I thik my new doc understands where I'm comming from.,
    Thanks for listening

Old 05-15-2006, 11:06 AM   #5
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Sorry ( Bump )

Closed Thread