It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• 4 weeks;fusion..very happy..ALMOST SCARE II

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-08-2006, 07:32 AM   #1
    okie46
    (female)

okie46 HB User
    4 weeks;fusion..very happy..ALMOST SCARE II

Morning All,
    Hope to find you girls, Sue , Carol & SCMOM. The day is bad, lots of humidity, so all hurts. Picked up heavy bags yesterday and today have a shooting pain in my neck, as if didn't have enough pain as is, tried to call surgeon last night, couyldn't get through, will try again today. Feet are still bad, but will leave the neurontin alone, read Quitcooks post, scary for sure.
    Hope you feel better, Sue and shoes are OK.
    I have lots to do , talk to you tomorrow........

OKIE 46

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
    Susiebird
    (female)

Susiebird HB User
    Re: 4 weeks;fusion..very happy..ALMOST SCARE II

Hey Okie, Carol and I each started a new thread at the same time yesterday..I really don't see the problem if we all post to the same thread, sorry I didn't realize we could bring down the server with our combined problems...or maybe that's not so far-fetched...

Rainy here today and I'm getting numb FINGERS - had this problem a few times; guess I'm sitting around too much today - the other times have been at softball games (being a fan not a player ) when it was cool.

Waiting for a call about my restrictions....details in other post titled : 4 weeks chapter 3....just got some paperwork saying I'll be going on LTD at the end of the month. Was worried about the paycut (from 2/3 to 1/2 ave. pay) but I also have optional supplemental LTD that should almost make up the difference. The basic is federal taxable but not state; the supplemental I pay for so it's not taxed.

Walked 3 miles last night and could tell a big difference in my feet this morning (they feel worse). So I'd agree Okie, the walking helps the nerve pain a lot. saw my first snake of the season yesterday, it was a 6 foot black snake - thought it was a piece of tire - if there's one thing in this world that makes me act like a scared girl, it's a snake (oh, and this back pain thing too.....). I literally see the snake when I close my eyes and it's creeping me out just writing about it....'nuff said....

Hope you're doing okay Okie - maybe you should take it easy for a few - I have some heavy stuff in the car that I'm not touching.... take care all....

Old 06-09-2006, 07:53 AM   #3
    okie46
    (female)

okie46 HB User

Morning ALL,
    Glad we found each other Girls. I 'm having a really bad day, can't believe how bad my feet are. You know I went for about 2 months without the foot thing, now it's back with a vengance I walked for over an hour this morning, but it gets real bad in afternoon and there's no walking then, too hot.Not bad today, no humidity.
    Sorry about the snake, Sue. I saw a really big bull snake while in Okla., thought it was dead, WRONG, but keep my distance, they don't scare me like all this pain and medication does, but glad I don't see them here.
    Will be short this morning, have a new monitor to put on and feel so bad anyway, no one wants to hear this crap. Refuse to take a pill yet, it's trying to run my life and can't let it. Tomorrow girls, have a good day.

Okie46

Old 06-09-2006, 09:18 AM   #4
    Susiebird
    (female)

Susiebird HB User

G'afternoon all....funny how we were so optimistic early on ie 4 weeks fusion, etc! Now don't YOU give up - take a pill if you must.....stinks, but we HAVE to humor the beast..... {{{{{Okie}}}}} (hugs and good vibes Okie). Now, COWBOY UP!!!!

A so-so day; rain every day this week but DH still walks rain or shine. I'm a bit anxious about "what" I'll be doing "if" I go back to work...The hospital lost another coder this week and step-daughter is about to have her baby, so doesn't sound like ideal conditions to step in to a job there, does it??? Hoping they'll up the ante for me...I'm ready to do [I]something [/I]in hopes that stuff will start falling into place.

Lot's to do this weekend; hope you all have a good one!

Old 06-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #5
    scbmxmom
    (female)

scbmxmom HB User

HELLO LADIES!!

I have missed this sooo much! I've been so busy now that I am back to work. Not to mention by the time I get home, I'm sooo tired. I've been doing okay but I'm now still having problems with my right hip and my tailbone. My tailbone area is about to kill me!! The Vicodine won't even help. I don't know what to do about it. The doctor just keeps shaking his head yes & saying that is "normal" during recovery. WHAT EVER!! IT HURTS!! I'm starting to have the same feel (tingling & numbness) in my toes that I had before surgery. I'm soooo scared I'm ruptured another disc or something.

Anyway, enough complaining!! Yesterday was my birthday!! YEAH ME!!! My huisband took me to a Faith Hill/Tim McGraw concert last week for my present. It was fun but the seats were so uncomfortable.

Hope you all are doing well. I'm going to try & go back & read old posts to catch up.

DeeDee

Dec 05 - Discectomy L3/L4
    Jan 06 - TLIF Fusion L3/L4
    May 08 - Ruptured C5/C6
    Jun 08 - Fibromyalgia
    Oct 08 - Artificial Disc C5/C6
    July 09 - Ruptured L4/L5
    July 09 - Spinal Stenosis

Old 06-11-2006, 08:36 AM   #6
    Susiebird
    (female)

Susiebird HB User

Morning all; went to a wedding yesterday and all the sitting was not good - woke up in the night in pain that took 1/2 a vicoden and 2 XST to calm down. At least it acts fast! Feel out of sorts these days; maybe that means I'm ready to get back to work!

Happy B/D DeeDee; hope your job is going well. Do you find that your tailbone pain gets worse the longer you go?

Hope you're feeling better these days Okie, DON'T give up - do you have a SS hearing this week? Good luck with it!

Hello Carol; thinking about you and your family.

Take care all, talk to you tomorrow.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:35 AM   #7
    Susiebird
    (female)

Susiebird HB User

Well Okie, I need to cowboy up too! Yesterday my right hip, foot and my thigh (into my knee- that's a totally new pain) hurt like crazy; I dug out oxycodone and finally got it to calm down. Maybe we can blame it on El Nino! that'll teach me! Our weather has been going nuts the last few days. but not supposed to level out anytime soon...still no word about the j-o-b; I'll call this afternoon if I don't hear from them first.

Have a good day all....

Old 06-15-2006, 05:59 AM   #8
    okie46
    (female)

okie46 HB User

Morning All,
    My computer was DOWN, like me, for 5 days. I think I don't ever use it until I don't have it. DeeDee, I'M SO JEALOUS, Faith & Tim, way too cool even if hurting.Happy Birthday...late.
    Sue, so sorry, like you was in bad shape for 3 days, then realized , humidity was up, so will blame that, and I want to buy a place in OKLA., I'M nuts So are you actually working or just on the verge of going back? I've been out of it, sometimes when you're busy you forget about pain, then again it could make it worse, that's why I'm worried about even trying. I go for SS DR. Sat., we'll see.
    Girls, don't know what to say , we've been so UP and so DOWN, then we go through even as bad of pain as before surgery, like DeeDee is now, then Drs. just shake their heads, wish they had to go through this as well, hope your tailbone is a little better today.
    Well, my feet are still killing me so have to go walk before heat sets in, at least it's cool right now at 6am, got to go. girls, Hard to "Cowboy UP" When you can barely walk............HA

OKIE46

Old 06-15-2006, 07:37 AM   #9
    Susiebird
    (female)

Susiebird HB User

Morning all! Finally some warm weather for us; I've been chilly the last few days!

I'm on the verge of going back to work "maybe". Depends on if I can find a sedentary job for 4 hours a day....I can apply for an off-line assignment when a job of interest comes open...lots of not-so-nice politics involved in getting them; have applied and been shot down in ways you wouldn't believe of a huge corporation... If my doc gives me permanent restrictions I'll have a better shot at scoring something should I find one I like....

The hospital still wants me to work there but stepdaughter and I wouldn't be able to have time off together - and since we are planning a Florida trip next February - and since we would work in the same dept., 2 people off is against the rules.

I've felt really yucky the last week - one of the side effects of the vicoden is change in personality (aggressive) ...DH has been tip-toeing around me. This AM I took 1/2 of one and using an ice pack again to see if that helps. Mood-wise I'm better so I'll try it for a few day.....CAN'T get much worse, right???

Yes, all the ups and downs are aggravating. I suppose we should appreciate the ups more and do what we must to deal with the downs. The docs don't always (usually????) have answers so it's no wonder we're so frustrated....

Hope you're all having a good day....take care

Old 06-16-2006, 07:52 AM   #10
    okie46
    (female)

okie46 HB User

Morning All,
    I can see what you mean about work, Sue, that's been my problem with my job, there is NO light duty, you go back, it's an 8 hour day and no getting off early, no restristions on the games I would deal and there are some I just couldn't do at all. Hospital sounds good, BUT, working with family has a whole different set of rules. Hope it works out for you.
    Well, my feet aren't top of my list today, I bent and twisted the wrong way yesterday and for the first time, other than a little bothersome from sleeping wrong, my back is in un-believable pain at the site of surgery. I have NOT had any pain in lower back where fusion was done until yesterday. Wore waist velcro brace all day, therma-care warm thing to bed and stillk not good today. OK when I walk, but don't sit or ANYTHING else, can relate to the tailbone pain and your's lately too , Sue. This is the 1st of ANY back trouble for me, I took 6, YES 6, percocets yesterday. Took 2 at a time, 3 times just for simple relief, what a day , very small bit better today, do know I have to get up from here, will go put ice on and pray for better day tomorrow. Hope you feel better Sue, I KNOW WE'LL get there someday....HA!!!!!!!!!

oKIE46

Old 06-16-2006, 08:37 AM   #11
    Susiebird
    (female)

Susiebird HB User

Yes we'll get there, a post from KT????? shows there ARE better days coming, I [I]always[/I] do things the hard way so why would I be surprised that it takes longer than I want but WE.WILL.GET.THERE ...... I still wear my brace once in a while; yesterday while I weeded the flower beds (weed beds??), running the vacuum and often when I first get out of bed. I called the Ortho to get a refill of vicoden or something else that maybe doesn't make me so testy..... DH will thank him for that....reducing the dose makes me better natured but then my legs feel weak ~sigh~.....Sorry to hear you're having a bad stretch and pray you didn't do anything to cause any damage...keep the faith

The boss at the hospital is very pushy and that's not setting real well with me right now (going along with the aggressive side effects....) Since step-d works from home it won't be like we'd be working together, but the time off issue is the main problem. She already told me if I can only work 4 hours, she'll take me over any of the candidates so far, but we'll see how desparate she gets. I've never been in control like this before I normally take what I'm given without question or negotiation.....

Hope you have a better day Okie, Carol hope you and your family are doing well, Dee good to hear you're getting to enjoy life (concert sounds like fun, daughter and I are supposed to go to a Def Leppard concert at the end of the month - I'm a teenager at heart ). Have a good weekend all....

Old 06-17-2006, 05:23 AM   #12
    okie46
    (female)

okie46 HB User

Morning All,
    HEY, we'ew all still teenagers at heart, just our d--- bodies won't keep up. I'm a LITTLE better today, ice and taking it easy helped, still very painful. Got to get ready to go 30 miles to SS Dr. this morning, glad Hubby tood day off to drive, sure don't feel like it today. Like you Sue, I still wear that waist brace to vaccum or do any heavy housework, that I still do.
    Got to go.Good Weekend.All

Old 06-17-2006, 05:36 AM   #13
    okie46
    (female)

okie46 HB User

One More Time,
    Got interrupted, can you tell, spelling on that post bad, hate that. Hate it when that happens. Again hope you all have a good weekend, Carol, Dee, Sue, try to have a good one, hope the less medicine helps Sue. You'll work it out whatever it takes to work with family. Got to walk quick or forget it......BYE

Okie46

Old 06-18-2006, 10:43 AM   #14
    Susiebird
    (female)

Susiebird HB User

Hey all, hope you're all having a good weekend.

I feel much better in the heat, went for groceries and didn't have to run in the door to catch up on my meds. Still can't lower the vicoden dose without leg weakness. A/C weather this weekend (90 and humid). Getting ready for the family reunion this coming weekend. Will have visitors for a few days that [I]never[/I] help out with [I]anything[/I] and have an "Ah'm on vacation" attitude (Georgia drawl) so I'm sure to be in a mood by the time they leave....ah, prolly when they GET here....... DH already warned them I'm not feeling that great so they would have to chip in, to which they replied "we're used to helping out so that's no problem"....ahem......

How was your SS appt. Okie? At least you've been having pain so hopefully that showed through and the decision will be cut and dried....if that is possible in dealing with SS.....

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Old 06-19-2006, 10:52 AM   #15
    okie46
    (female)

okie46 HB User

Morning All,
    Well I did the SS thing. My paperwork said that they would do a physical exam.WELL, to begin with it was a chiropractor, which as you all know I love my chiro., but to do an exam to decide on disability with the govt. I'm not to sure about. This guy did what chiro's do, push on his hands, pull on his hands, push & pull with feet, turn head back & forth, bend over as far as possible, and walk like a drunk, 1 foot in front of the other, the whole thing took less than 15 min. They never looked at my back or my very painful stomach, no x-rays, no blood work. I guess they go by your DR's paperwork on that stuff. Don't understand why the simple stuff with a chiropractor for your disability, I mean that's your livelihood for the rest of your life depending on what this, in many states, DOCTOR says, I think a real MD would have been the person to decide this, but what do I know. My chiropractor says it's hard to get people to do this as it only pays $60.00 for a LOT of paperwork. Anyway, no way to feel the thing out, guess it's a waiting game now. The longer the better for me as I get twice as much money from my works disability than I will from them.
    Vented to much,,,.... Hope you feel ALOT better before company gets there Sue.........Have a pain free day all, and I was in ALOT of pain that day , it's a little better today.......

OKIE46

Closed Thread