It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Post Fusion Myelogram and CT Scan Report - What does this all mean?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-24-2006, 04:20 AM   #1
    JBravo223
    Inactive
    (male)

JBravo223 HB User
    Post Fusion Myelogram and CT Scan Report - What does this all mean?

Hi Guys, As some of you know I have been having post fusion woes such as pain in the feet, etc.. I am about ten weeks post op and just had a Myelogram and CT Scan done. I haven't seen the doc and would like some help understanding my report.

Here it is retyped from PDF.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Examination: Myelogram of Lumbar Spine

Technique: Lumbar puncture at L5/S1 with instillation of 8cc's of 240mg % of Omnipauqe. Routine lumbar myelogram followed by helical CT scans.

Symptoms: Bilateral leg pain, tingling and burning

Summary:
    [b]
    At L4/5: well healed interbody fusion, near total consolidation of the posterolateral fusion.
    The instrumentation is intact, appropriately aligned.
    Normal post operative scarring in the foramina, there is no truncation of the root sleeve.
    The remainder of the lumbar spine is normal.
    [/b]

Findings:

VERTEBRAE - Instrumentation is intact. Pedicle screws are well aligned and the interbody fusion appears well healed with the endplate. The posterolateral osseous fusion has not fully consolidated. The remainder of the vertebrae are normal during flexion/extension.

DISCS - Normal

FORAMINA - Normal post operative scarring in the bilateral L4/5 foraminotomy, the remaining foramina are patent.

LATERAL RECESSES - Clear at all levels

POSTERIOR ELEMENTS - Bilateral descending L4 facetectomy, L4 hemilaminectomies and facetectomies. the rest are intact.

SOFT TISSUE - Well developed musculature and a normal diameter aorta.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the summary he says

[quote]
    At L4/5: well healed interbody fusion, near total consolidation of the posterolateral fusion.
    [/quote]

And in the findings he says
    [quote]
    Pedicle screws are well aligned and the interbody fusion appears well healed with the endplate. The posterolateral osseous fusion has not fully consolidated.
    [/quote]

What does this all mean? It seems as though he is saying I am almost completely fused but the quote in the findings has me confused. Thanks so much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2006, 06:26 AM   #2
    Justoneofus
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Justoneofus HB User
    Re: Post Fusion Myelogram and CT Scan Report - What does this all mean?

JBravo.. it's the same thing said twice but worded differently is all. Your fusion is WELL underway, but not complete yet. And for 10 weeks.. that is FANSTASTIC news for you!! And all looks normal. Again FANTASTIC news for you!

I have yet to get any pictures done yet.. so see how things are progressing. Hope my knews will be as good as yours.. and I am almost 10 weeks posterior fusion at L4/L5.

Good news is so nice to hear about. Let us know what your doctor says. Tammy

Old 06-24-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
    lfoster21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lfoster21 HB User
    Wink Re: Post Fusion Myelogram and CT Scan Report - What does this all mean?

That is really good news, esspecially at 10 weeks. As Justoneofus said, the report says that you are fusing, the hardware is in place and looks good, but the fusion is not complete yet. But, that is to be expected.

I know how frustrating that is, though, when you are in pain and the reports all say that everything looks good. I hope you can get to the bottom of everything.

At my 6 wk. post op appt. my Dr. looked at the X rays and said everything looked good. He showed me all the space around the nerves...nothing is pinched, but I am having a lot of nerve pain. He suggested that I see the Neuro. that assisted in the surgery and I am hoping she will order a cat scan.

Please keep us posted,
    Lorie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:57 PM   #4
    JBravo223
    Inactive
    (male)

JBravo223 HB User
    Re: Post Fusion Myelogram and CT Scan Report - What does this all mean?

Thanks everyone.... I am in a little pain now because the GF and I got frisky. Do you think it is safe to have sex if I am on my back and she is on top, she got a little caried away today and put more weight on me than usual ? I am always afraid that I am going to break or undo something... am I just being a worry wart?

Old 06-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
    lfoster21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lfoster21 HB User
    Wink Re: Post Fusion Myelogram and CT Scan Report - What does this all mean?

I think as long as you're careful, you'll be fine. I know there is a thread just on this subject, that might be helpful to you. Try doing an archive search. If I find it, I will let you know.

Lorie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread