It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• radio frequency ablation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-16-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
    v8crazy
    (male)

v8crazy HB User
    Question radio frequency ablation

My doc is going to do a medial branch block next month to see if radio frequency ablation will help me. I have back and leg pain. I forgot to ask him a question. Is radio frequency ablation for back pain mainly or is it for leg pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
    dub1
    (male)

dub1 HB User
    Re: radio frequency ablation

I have had several of the RF's done, mine were to take the nerves out of my facet joints to prevent the arthritis pain. It did not help my leg pain. I had some relief for the leg pain with a lumbosacrial??? epidural. That helped me quite a bit. To answer your question it is for back pain. I hope it works for you. I would recommend sedation for this procedure. Good luck to you!!

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Radio Frequency Ablation of Facet Joints Terry in AL Back Problems 5 02-28-2010 09:04 PM
    Who Has Or Having This Done ???radio Frequency Ablation Of The Facets Surgery? rabbitbunnies Back Problems 23 07-28-2009 01:45 PM
    I'm confused what is the difference between facet rhizotomy & radio frequency abbla hiii98 Back Problems 8 09-02-2007 07:23 AM
    Radio Frequency Ablation lwclaus Pain Management 1 11-29-2006 12:29 PM
    Lumbar Facet Blocks/ Radio Frequency Ablation Of The Facets rabbitbunnies Back Problems 4 12-20-2005 02:58 PM
    Decision on Pulsed Radio Frequency grannyb Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) 16 05-10-2004 01:07 PM
    Radio Frequency Cardiac Ablation and Electrophysiology Study chazaf2004 Heart Disorders 3 02-12-2004 05:24 AM