It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Inversion Therapy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
    removedone
    (female)

removedone HB User
    Re: Inversion Therapy

I have 2 mildly bulging disks (L-4-5) and an S1 problem. I bought an inversion apparatus that is different than most inversion tables, in as much as I don't hang by my ankles. I hang by my 'lap' (thighs) in a 'forward' position.

[[COLOR="Sienna"]removed[/COLOR]]

Anyway, I asked my orthopaedist about the effects of inversion. He said that inversion is a form of traction using body weight and gravity, and it could be helpful. I've been using the apparatus for about 3 weeks. I began by 'inverting' for only 3 minutes at a time, 3 times a day. I'm trying to build up my inversion time to approximately 5 minutes, 3 times a day. I've also been doing 'core' strengthening exercises, and I've been going to a chiropractor for deep massage therapy, once a week. I've had sciatic pain for over 4 months. My pain has lessened over the past three weeks. I don't know if the inversion is helping, the core exercises, or the massage, but I do feel much better. You might be able to try inversion at a local gym, or exercise equipment store. There are disclaimers, that clearly state 'who should not do inversion,' because of having various physical problems.

Last edited by HBMod07; 09-03-2006 at 07:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread