It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Frustrated cervical & lumbar stenosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #1
    Pebble Beach
    Inactive
    (male)

Pebble Beach HB User
    Frustrated cervical & lumbar stenosis

Hi all. It's been a while since I posted. I will refresh your memories and then post what is going on currently.

- 1994 - lumbar laminectomy; surgery
    - 1995 - cervical stenosis; surgery
    - 1997 - flatback syndrome lumbar spine surgery with instrumentation
    - 2000 - cervical kyphosis; surgery with instrumentation
    - 2003 - blood clots left leg surgery done
    - 2003 - diagnosed with diabetes type II
    - 2005 - spinal cord stimulator implanted in spine
    - 2006 - kidney disease of the right kidney from diabetes, congenital absent left kidney
    - 2006 - pseudocysts of the pancreas; awaiting decision to see if surgery should be done

Current spine problems:

- cervical stenosis at 3 levels
    - lumbar stenosis at 1 level

As to the lumbar problem I do have radiating pain of the left leg, numbness of the left leg from the knee down.

As to the lumbar spine I saw an orthopedist in New York and recommended surgery for the lumbar stenosis. Therapy was tried a while ago and I was doing aqua therapy as well on my own with no relieft. He also recommeneded that I see someone for the cervical stenosis. The cervical stenosis is the worst between the lumbar and cervical spine.

Therapy was tried in the past and never had any success with epidural injections. Also tried various pain medications without much success either.

As to my neck my symptoms affect both arms/shoulder areas. I have trouble doing things for any length of time. My arms get real tired from holding a book; driving etc. So it really is affecting me big time.

In the past the doctors were afraid to touch me because of all that has been done in the past with all the other surgeries. But it seems like nothing else is working;

I am concerned that if the stenosis progresses it will affect the nerves in the spine even more to the point of permanent damage. Does this make sense.

Any opinions or recommendations? Thanks for listening.

Pebble Beach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread