It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Feeling weary

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2006, 07:17 AM   #1
sherry1
Inactive
(female)

sherry1 HB User
Feeling weary

Hi all

Feeling very sorry for myself which only happens once in a blue moon as usually i am determined to not let it beat me.

Have been in extreme pain with my lower back all day an nothing seems to ease it. I have tried all the tricks.
I had my Facet joints injected 2 weeks ago an though it has taken my buttock pain away.
In my lower back there has been no change.

God! Isnt it just so tiring to cope with pain day in an day out!

Sorry to vent as i know there are probabably loads of you out there in much more pain than me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2006, 08:47 AM   #2
BlueAtlas
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
Re: Feeling weary

Dear Sherry,
Don't be sorry that you need to vent. That's part of what this board is all about. Every one of us on here understands what you're going through. Chronic pain can be very wearing. And although I think there's some value in recognizing that there are others who are in more pain, pain is pain! You're living with it day in and day out, and you can't keep a positive face on all the time. Sometimes you just have to break down for a little while. There's nothing wrong with that! You'll mentally "regroup" and get back into the battle, which you'll continue to win for a while, and then you'll need to stop and regroup again.

Have you talked to your doctors about the back pain that wasn't helped by the injections? Do they have any other suggestions? I do hope you get some relief soon. In any case, hang in there! Don't give up! You'll be okay! You're clearly a strong and determined person, and you're not going to let the pain rule you. Venting does help, so I'm really glad you posted.

Blessings,
Emily

Old 10-24-2006, 08:54 AM   #3
anxiousinnj
(female)

anxiousinnj HB User

Hi sherry,

Yes, it's tiring & I'm sorry you haven't had more relief. I had my facet injections last Wednesday & doesn't seem they've done much for me either.
What is the next step do you know?
I see my PM doc this thursday. All the appts are wearing me down also along with trying to work.
I was hoping for a little reprieve so I could think more clearly & get some energy back.....

Let me know what your PM doc says- I hope he has other tricks up his sleeve that will work for you !

anxiousinnj

Old 10-24-2006, 09:18 AM   #4
Baybreeze
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Sherry, don't worry about it getting you down....it happens to all of us at some point and you can come here to vent anytime! We can all definitely relate!

Do you know what is causing your pain? Did you get any sort of diagnosis or have any imaging tests done? And what kind of doctors have you seen?

Old 10-24-2006, 09:32 AM   #5
sherry1
Inactive
(female)

sherry1 HB User

Hi thanks for the messages.

I had a herniated disc at L4 last July.
4 months physio which got rid of my sciatic pain.
Have had x rays an an Mri scan which didnt show anything apart from the herniated disc.
Supposedly my disc problem has healed itself(if that can be done)
Havent been diagnosed with a specific problem.My facet joint injection was the first diagnostic proceedure.
I was told by the surgeon that if the injections dont work i could be looking at a bone fusion.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
Sage48
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User

Aww, sorry that you are having such a bad time. Venting can be good, takes a little bit of the stress away... Sorry that you aren't feeling better...hopefully your Dr. will have some ideas. Just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone, and that we all have bad times...vent away....

Sage

Closed Thread