It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Lower back wants to pull to left?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
big-mike1977
(male)

big-mike1977 HB User
Lower back wants to pull to left?

I should mention that I go to the gym, but I also have a mattress that is a few years old. The issue is that my lower back gets very uncomfortable in to the left of the lower spine. I find that sometimes when I bend my back to the right I get a very slight clicking sound, but it is not a boney loud click, it sounds more like a very quiet click.

I do exercises at the gym, but this has been going on for ages now. And it comes and goes. How can I find out if the problem is my bed or not?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
elmoJ_1974
(female)

elmoJ_1974 HB User
Re: Lower back wants to pull to left?

Sounds like it could be muscle spasm. I don't know what the clicking could be but when I first started having back problems it started with pain then to back spasms. THe spasm pulls on the back and could make it a little out of line and maybe that's why it's clicking. I would at least give it a little rest from working out, maybe an x-ray. MAybe some stretching exercises could help.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #3
Justoneofus
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

Mike, if you are having discomfort and you have a "clicking" it could be just a soft tissue or it could be something much more.

A back is not something to mess around with and must be paid closely attended to, to stay healthy guy. Are there any back pain sufferers in your family?

I would discuss this matter with your doctor. A GP is fine at this early point and maybe get some physical therapy if it's a muscle to help you ease the tension on that muscle.

You could be getting some early signs to a much larger problem. It's just a good idea to get it checked. Then if it's nothing you know it and can carry on.

The bed issue is an ongoing delimna for us all I am afraid. We hunt and hunt to find one that brings us comfort and support. I wish we could all sleep in suspended air space.. that would help! hahaha. I just spent $3K on a bed and it's horrible, it's obviously defective and the manufacturer refuses to do anything about it. Haven't decided if I wanna pursue this legally yet or not. So, I am tainted goods on this issue and can't be of much assistance here. lol

Hang in there and I am sure your pain is just a normal strain of some form. But worth getting checked. You take care of yourself and make sure you are always very careful of your spine alignment when doing any form of movement or exercise. It will help you along the way to keeping that spine healthy. come back and let us know how you are doing. Tammy

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Old 11-05-2006, 06:25 AM   #4
big-mike1977
(male)

big-mike1977 HB User

Thanks guys. It is definately out of line. I mean I can actually feel it pulling to the left so I am sure it is not straight.

I may have to buy a new mattress too, but I would not pay that much, although I can see why it would be worth it since sleeping position can lead to so much discomfort.

I took a break from the gym for about a month altogether, but I still had the problem. I may try and take my current mattress apart and fix some of the springs inside. It came with a sofabed and has a zip on it.

I am pretty sure it is the bed for some reason. I remember going to my GP a few years ago, and he realised straight away that the bed was the problem. The only difference this time is that I was lifting heavy weights. I'll do my bed today and if the problem persists I'll see the GP.

Old 11-05-2006, 07:18 AM   #5
Xana44
Inactive
(female)

Xana44 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Lower back wants to pull to left?

Mike.

Is there anyway you get into a good, powerful jet, massaging hot tub? Every working male in my family swears by this remedy for back pain. Some say they can feel the difference within 3 uses.
Good Luck

Old 11-05-2006, 11:46 PM   #6
williamharvick
(male)

williamharvick HB User

[QUOTE=big-mike1977]I should mention that I go to the gym, but I also have a mattress that is a few years old. The issue is that my lower back gets very uncomfortable in to the left of the lower spine. I find that sometimes when I bend my back to the right I get a very slight clicking sound, but it is not a boney loud click, it sounds more like a very quiet click.

I do exercises at the gym, but this has been going on for ages now. And it comes and goes. How can I find out if the problem is my bed or not?[/QUOTE]

Big Mike, I would recommend some stretching excercises, which have really helped me a lot lately. Try to do it 2-3 times a day. Just do a search on Google to find some different ones.

Closed Thread