It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Im So Ticked Off

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #1
shawley
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User
Im So Ticked Off

I don't understand why my Dr. wants me to get the trial spinal stim , when he told me as soon as I'm 100% fused he will remove my hardware.

I really don't want to be hampered by wires / leads and somthing poking me around inside , plus take a chance on hurting my back even more.

My crazzy PM Dr. wants to inject me with anything he can just to make a buck. First he wanted to do a transforaminal Injection , I said no , then he said he would like to do a selective nerve root injection.. I argued with him and he said he won't give me any pain meds unless I try the injections. I cant go without somthing for my pain... He knows it to and that makes me mad to..Even tho I'm against steroid injections I have to go though with it.
Because If I don't have somthing to help me cope with this pain I'll die.

I get so depressed at times.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
lobnmom
(female)

lobnmom HB User
Re: Im So Ticked Off

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Shawley,

I completely understand why you would be mad, your being blackmailed by your Dr.! After having my fusion in 2003 I would never again crawl up onto a table & WILLLINGLY allow someone to come @ me with a scal[FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT]pel. From day one after waking up with this "hardware" in my back I have been in awful pain, it doesn't feel right, VERY PAINFUL. But all I get from the Dr.'s is "we don't understand where your pain is coming from" Makes me feel like I'm crazy (I'm not) What I am is frustrated at being treated like I don't know what I feel. Sorry you are having a hard time right now, hope you feel better soon.

Sheila[/FONT]

Old 11-07-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
carol632
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

Shawley, no one can make you have a surgery you don't want. If you do not want to SCS, say no and don't back down. If I had a dr who blackmailed me to get me to do what they want, I would be firing him very quickly unless he could convince me that it really was better. Too many injections aren't good for your body and can cause bone thinning if you are injected with steroids more than 3 times in a year.

Perhaps you should start looking for another doctor.

Carol
morphine pump

Old 11-08-2006, 05:41 AM   #4
shawley
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Carol , I agree with you 100% But I just started seeing this Dr. 2 months ago and he was the only one who would give me Pain Meds for my pain.
My other pain management Dr. that I fired told me he don't give any Pain Meds unless there is broken bone , so I fired him.

So that will be tough finding another Dr. They would think all I was after is Pain Pills.. If workers comp found out I turned down somthing my surgeon and PM Dr. thinks would benefit me they would cut my checks.
Thanks Carol

Old 11-08-2006, 07:15 AM   #5
FISHINGCHICK04
(female)

FISHINGCHICK04 HB User

Shawley, fishingchick here how do u keep w/c from knowing?every time I go to the doc my lawyer and w/c gets a report.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:46 AM   #6
shawley
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

FISH, workers comp don't care what doctor I see , I'm worried other PM Dr.'s will think all I'm after is drugs. My Attorney just called me and said w/c wants to settle alot of money with me for my medical. I told my attorney NO ! I'm still in major pain and have injections and a trial stimulator planned for the next 2 months...He said what about lots of money and your Medical open for 2 years??? I said as long as you get me $350,000.00 plus my Medical open for 2 years I might think about it..So he said I'll call you back..

Could be exciting , But it better be a large amount because I don't care about the money right now. Just my health..Oh and FISHEN..lol

Old 11-09-2006, 06:00 AM   #7
FISHINGCHICK04
(female)

FISHINGCHICK04 HB User

Shawley, how long have u been on w/c ? I"ve been on it for 3 years good luck with w/c case doctor told me scs was all he could do for me a life of something perm implanted in ur body oh boy

Old 11-09-2006, 06:14 AM   #8
shawley
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

FISH , Been on comp for a little over 3 years myself. I wish I could work instead of feeling this way. All my buddies think it would be great not to work. I told them when I'm not in much pain , I am bored to death , then I go do somthing to irratate my back.

Yeah the scs is really not the way I wanted to go , but I'm going to give it a try. I talked to a relative who had the scs and he said it's junk and it didn't work for him..said he turned it up the whole way and his legs would go out and he would fall. It stinks what can I do?

Old 11-09-2006, 06:15 AM   #9
FISHINGCHICK04
(female)

FISHINGCHICK04 HB User

Shawley, can they put a scs in while u still have the hardware ? wouldn"t that give u a jolt? wishin I was fishin

Old 11-09-2006, 06:27 AM   #10
FISHINGCHICK04
(female)

FISHINGCHICK04 HB User

Shawley, I get alot of I WISH I wasn't working stuff to folks don't understand we are not out of work by choice we are hurting this is not a vaction or retirment if I felt like being active a would be at work out with people and not stuck in this house hurting cleaned house yesterday house not bad just sweeping, mopping dusting now today hard to walk up all night just feel well u know I hope u can understand my text meds make me a little off wishin I was fishin

Old 11-09-2006, 06:30 AM   #11
shawley
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

You know I never thought about that. What I was wondering is if my doctor is goig to remove my hardware why do they want to try the stim on me ? Wishen I was Huntin 2

Old 11-09-2006, 06:36 AM   #12
FISHINGCHICK04
(female)

FISHINGCHICK04 HB User

Shawley my hardware was removed doctor thought that was what was making me hurt so bad maybe when ur hardware is removed ur pain will lessen c if doc will take hardware out c how u feel before scs trail wishin I was Fishin

Old 11-09-2006, 06:55 AM   #13
shawley
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

FISH , I just had more protein and bone added to my left side of fusion in July and he said as soon as I'm 100% fused he will remove my hardware , and I'm having the trial done in December.

My attorney ask w/c lawyer for a loss wage settlement of $175.000.00
my lawyer called me yesterday and told me that they were interested in that amount , PLUS they want me to settle my medical . But I told my lawyer I need my medical ,so he says what about a nice chunk of money plus 2 years left on your Medical , I told him it better be more than the loss wage amount , he said it sure will be ??? We'll see...I'm in no hurry for a settlement but it would sure help out around here.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:27 AM   #14
FISHINGCHICK04
(female)

FISHINGCHICK04 HB User

Shawley, good luck with ur settlement I haven't even gotten that far I am just wanting to feel better some folk think u get rich off w/c when in fact u can starve to death thank god 4 my brother when w/c computers kicked me out and I didn't get my check my brother worked over time just to help me out he dosn't know I that I know about the over time but I do wishin I was fishin

Old 11-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #15
mamakitkat
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Hey Shawley,

I'm so sorry that your still in such pain, I have the funny feeling that I'm not far behind you on that same road. I'm looking for a dr. that will take my medicare as full payment, but anyway that not why i'm replying to your thread. I live in cleveland as you can see above. My dr. is in columbus, 3 hrs. away from me. he had referred me to the cleveland clinic's failed back clinic. I don't know if your WC will cover that, but perhaps they can help you. I am trying to find a dr. at University Hospitals the other MAJOR hospital system in cleve. because I have a relative pretty high up there that can get me in much quicker than any dr. can refer me. My current back dr. says the clinic's failed back clinic is one of the best in the north east part of the country, that will be where I end up after I get another spine dr.'s opinion.

I'm not quite ready to give up yet on getting better, the failed back clinic for me is my last step, I am so scared that I will live this way, in such horrible pain at 45, I can't imagine the rest of my life like this. I can't remember my name half the time due to the neurontin, that does come in handy sometimes tho, lol.

I just thought since you were in pittsburgh you might not mind the trip if it helps, I used to make many trips to my cousins house just outside of pitt. at least until I got so much worse, the trip is very hard to me now. I struggle to see my doc but I have to go there until I can find another one just as good or hopefully better. Like you have said they don't want to dish out the meds we need without seeing them once in a while. My doc is very good about keeping me up on my meds, so I will not give him up until I find a good doc that cares about me being taken care of not just what procedure he can do next.

I'm so sorry and hope you can find some help soon.

God Bless

Carol[/COLOR]

Closed Thread