It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Numbness in upper back

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-03-2006, 11:40 PM   #1
    wishihadanswers
    (female)

wishihadanswers HB User
    Numbness in upper back

Hi, I am a 34 year old mother of 4. I have had this very wierd spot in my upper back from the right side of my spine going into the shoulder blade area. It has been painfull, and numb off and on for years... doctors could never find out what it was... now the pain is very rare, but the numbness seems to be growing to a larger area now spreading to an area about the size of a large saucer ( plate ).... has anyone experienced any thing like this? I just dont know what to think of it. could it be a tumor that is blocking nerves? or would I have constant pain with something like that? any answers would be helpful.
    Thanks much.
    wishihadanswers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2006, 07:05 AM   #2
    hessie28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
    Re: Numbness in upper back

could it be a pinched nerve in your neck? Have you had an MRI? I don't get numbness but I get what feels like shocks in my shoulder blade. I also get numbness in my elbow. They did a MRI and found 3 herniated and 3 bulging discs in my neck. They said a pinched nerve also. Before my back surgery I had started therapy. See your dr. I take Neurontin for the pain.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:18 AM   #3
    germanshepherd
    (female)

germanshepherd HB User
    Hi Wish!

[SIZE="2"]I have the same thing and I do have shoulder problems. I am sitting here right now with a heat pack on. When it first started about 6 yrs ago, it was like what you described. When I was doing weight lifting to strengthen my upper back muscles it helped. I have fibro and shoulder has gotten worse and I am now going to start again with the mild weight lifting to start to strengthen upper back. Your upper back muscles are probably weak. Look on the internet for some upper back excercises that you could do for 5 min a day with stuff you have around your house for weights. Did your area in your back get itchy? Mine did for a while, that stopped, now just in agony from shoulder blade, neck, behine my eye, throbbing for 2 days straight now. Hope you feel better and excercises work, Tammy [/SIZE]

Closed Thread