It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Epidural steroid injections after Micro-D more harm then good?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-27-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
    hurtie0607
    (female)

hurtie0607 HB User
    Epidural steroid injections after Micro-D more harm then good?

Hi folks,
    I have a pressing issue which won't let my mind rest until I post this question on this board. I still have major issues following Micro-D L-4 L-5. My issue is the Buttock pain. So until I visit with my ortho doc on Monday, I have a concern. Has anyone had an epidural steroid injection in the same nerve root which the micro was done? Would not the injection be difficult because of scar tissue? Also, would the steriod impede healing. Sorry for being so OCD, I try not to be, but alas, my efforts fail me in this time of of pain, lack of sleep, and stress.
    Peace and a good nights sleep to all.
    Kay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
    Tuttie51
    (female)

Tuttie51 HB User
    Re: Epidural steroid injections after Micro-D more harm then good?

[QUOTE=hurtie0607;2767604]Hi folks,
    I have a pressing issue which won't let my mind rest until I post this question on this board. I still have major issues following Micro-D L-4 L-5. My issue is the Buttock pain. So until I visit with my ortho doc on Monday, I have a concern. Has anyone had an epidural steroid injection in the same nerve root which the micro was done? Would not the injection be difficult because of scar tissue? Also, would the steriod impede healing. Sorry for being so OCD, I try not to be, but alas, my efforts fail me in this time of of pain, lack of sleep, and stress.
    Peace and a good nights sleep to all.
    Kay [/QUOTE]

Hi there I also had the Micro-D L-4 L-5 done. I am schedule to have my first steroid injection for this year and so far I haven't had any problems with the scaring, this will be my first injection for this year. Last year I had three injections after have the Micro-D. I too still have a lot of buttock pain, and sensitive is still there in my knee and calf area. So I am hopping this injection will help the pain so far it hasn't. I am trying to avoid having the SCS place in my back..... am also schedule to see my Ortho surgeon thursday this week.

I hope this helps

Old 01-28-2007, 10:49 PM   #3
    Rustysgurl
    (female)

Rustysgurl HB User
    Re: Epidural steroid injections after Micro-D more harm then good?

What I'm going to say is not intended to scare you away from your recommended treatment, but here goes:

I had a micro-d at L4-5 due to nerve root compression (according to my ortho surgeon, the nerve was literally pulsing and he had to bathe it in Toradol during the surgery). Anyway, I had injections after the surgery, and my experience was not good. They caused increased pressure on the nerve root and the scar tissue, and the only relief I had was from the analgesic the dr injected at the time of the injection. It actually made my nerve pain, low back and buttock pain worse. We then tried a medial branch nerve block, but that didn't work either. So, while injections do work for some people, they definitely did not work for me after my micro-d.

Mary

Closed Thread