It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• extreme lower back pain!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
    blackstar23
    (female)

blackstar23 HB User
    extreme lower back pain!!!!

I have been doing some lifting at my job recently, and one day my back started to hurt. I had a few sharp pains in my lower back and I felt alright for a while but then things started to get worse. Within minutes I found it hard to move, and I have had this pain since Wednesday, with today being Saturday. When the sharp pains started however, I wasn't lifting anything. So its not like I picked something heavy up and immediatley felt it. The pain is really bad. Its worse if I sit for a long time, and in the morning after sleeping, I can barely get out of bed. I found that if I am up and moving around for a good part of the day, it gets better...The pain itself is strange too...it feels like cramping. If your a woman, it feels like severe period cramps, but I do not have mine nor am I expecting it any time soon...I can feel it in my lower back but I do also feel it internally like a stomach ache sorta thing. It almost feels like pelvic pain. I have also had a lot of eye infections recently, and last week my eyelid blew up and I found out I had a chalazion, which I guess is a cyst. I have also noticed that the skin on my stomach has turned a nice shade of red, which is also unexplainable... I guess I just want to know if this sounds familiar to anyone. If its a back injury because of my lifting, then I can easily accept that and just feel stupid for doing such work, but if someone thinks it is reason for concern, i would appreciate hearing from them. Thanks!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2007, 06:45 PM   #2
    clover60
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

clover60 HB User
    Re: extreme lower back pain!!!!

Welcome
    I am sorry you are in so much pain. It does sound like you have hurt your back. I am not a doctor or expert just a back pain sufferer. I think you should try to get a Dr appointment and have yourself checked. You seem to have more than one thing going on. An MRI of your back will show if you have hurt it from the lifting or something.

You will find alot of support here. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Try hot baths or the heating pad and see if you get any relief.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:52 PM   #3
    blackstar23
    (female)

blackstar23 HB User

I have tried pain killers, hot baths, and heating pads...and none of that works. The only little relief I get is from walking around for a while. Once I sit down, it gets worse and I can barely move an inch to attempt to get comfortable. I think I am going to see the doctor on Monday, I am just curious to see if anyone finds my situation familiar.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
    hurtie0607
    (female)

hurtie0607 HB User

Hi Blackstar,
    Sorry to hear about your back pain. I would make an appointment to see your family doc. Unfortunatley, the symptoms that you have listed seem to fit the "nitch" of a possible back injury. Regarding the chalazion, they usually appear when one is stressed or over fatigued.
    Sometimes pelvic pain can radiate to the back also. If you tend to be constipated this also, could some back pain. I am not a doctor, and only writing from experience. I hope you feel better soon.
    God bless -
    Kay

Old 02-10-2007, 07:06 PM   #5
    hurtie0607
    (female)

hurtie0607 HB User

Hi,
    I note you have added more info. Perhaps, this note may help you. I too did heavy lifting and this caused me back pain this past summer. However, the back pain went lasted about a week or so. It wasn't too bad. What really caused the pain, was sitting ouch. Do you have pain in the butt? Anyway, I went to the doc, and he gave me some pain meds, as my hubby and I were leaving for a anniversary vacation to Tahoe and Yosemite. I would have cancelled the trip, as the pain was so bad, but too huch of it was paid for. I tried a chiro before we left, he helped, but not nearly enough.
    We came back and I guess it was a combination of the plane ride, so much walking, not enough rest who knows, but the pain was beyond anything I have ever experienced EVER. The pain had now travelled down my leg into my toes. I called the squad, my hubby works nights and went to the ER. I was given morphine and a MRI. I blew out a disc and the anulus was under the L4 nerve root displacing it. Also the disc material was on it too. So I had a Micro-d. I am not telling you this to scare you, but please take care. Hopefully you just strained your back. Please let us know how you are
    Kay

Old 02-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #6
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Definintely sounds like a back injury and you should definitely have it checked out.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #7
    Tucsonlady40
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Tucsonlady40 HB User

Hi Blackstar and welcome to the board,

I'm sorry that your an official back pain sufferer. Back pain stinks!! Living with it is no a bed of roses by any means. It's an uphill battle, one step forward, two back. Hopefully, you don't have anything serious going on. You should definately go to your pm dr. and have it checked out.

Hopefully, after listening to your symptoms, he/she will order an Mri and get to the bottom of your pain.

Take care and please let us know what you find out. We are here, helping and supporting each other everyday.

Bernie

Old 02-11-2007, 06:25 AM   #8
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

HI,

I think you should definitely see a doctor to find out exactly what's going on.
    What you describe sounds alot like what happened to me. One day I had pushed a small amount of snow over to the side of my driveway ( i didnt lift it and it was light, so I just simply stood straight & pushed it out of the way). Well, the NEXT day is when I could not even move. The pain got worse & worse, especially while sitting, and I could pin point where in my spine it was. It felt like I had metal shards in there and the pain went into my lower back and also, like you, radiated to my abdominal area and spread around in there. Yes, I also started feeling like I had cramps. I also got nauseous and started vomitting constantly from the pain. After a while you're not even sure where the pain is coming from anymore. And I also got sciatica down my legs while walking. I had an MRI done and found 2 herniated discs (one was torn) right in the same area that I first felt all the pain. I also found out I had other spine issues, but this particular pain came from the disc problems.

So I cant say for sure if you have this, but it sounds similar. Only a doc can diagnose you....so please make an appointment if it's not getting any better.

Closed Thread