It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Side effects of Lidoderm Patches?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-19-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
    Kay14
    Inactive
    (female)

Kay14 HB User
    Side effects of Lidoderm Patches?

Hello Everyone,

I have been wearing 2 Lidoderm patches 5% on my sacral and/or buttock area (depending on what hurts the most on a given day) since last June. I have been wearing them 12 hours on/12 hours off per the instructtions. About a month ago I started having heart palpitaions which is one of the side effects listed. My heart was really racing and pounding very hard. I stopped using the patches and by the second day I was fine. I started using them again and the symptoms came back. Again when I stopped they went away. I have done this 4 times with the same result so I am sure the patches are the problem. I would really hate to give them up because they really bring down the level of my pain to a bearable level. Without them I cannot even sit through an entire movie. I don't see my PM until next month. Has anyone else using these patches experienced any side effects from them?

Thanks, Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
    ibake&pray
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
    Re: Side effects of Lidoderm Patches?

[COLOR="Navy"]Amy,
    I've used the patch but haven't experienced any issues with my heart. The only problem I have with them, asides from the fact that it feels like cold snot when you put it on, is that I tend to itch that area after I take it off. It has started gradually over time. A year ago it didn't bother me at all...now I itch. Sometimes for a day, sometimes for just a couple of hours.

BUT if I were you, I would discountinue the patch until you see your doctor. That's not something that I would mess around with. Or, you could give your dr. a clal and leave a message and see if he has an alternative you could use....

Jill
    [/COLOR]

Old 03-19-2007, 09:28 PM   #3
    Justoneofus
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Justoneofus HB User
    Re: Side effects of Lidoderm Patches?

Ditto, heart palpatations and "racing" is not a big deal if they are light and go away. But if they continue and is noticeable.. it's a problem.

Call your doctor and refrain from further use until you speak with him. I am sure you will probably be prompted to see your regular GP for a full blood workup.

Let us know how you are doing.

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
    Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
    Solidly Fused Nov-2006
    A Success, but still improving!

Closed Thread