It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Lidocaine patch - yay!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
    chatterboxsd
    Veteran
    (female)

chatterboxsd HB User
    Lidocaine patch - yay!

Hi folks. 2 things:

1. My PM offered a lidocaine patch for the bone pain I'm still having (she thinks it's the harvested area healing). I am telling you it was such a DELIGHT to be relieved of (most of the) pain and not being high on pain meds! Wow! It hits the spot precisely. I just wanted to throw that one out there.

2. On negativity/complaining: I agree with what many of you have stated. We are a unique group who knows pain that our families and friends don't. I have sobbed typing messages here and have really felt my heart warmed by the responses that have come back. I think it's great that there is this safe, annonymous place to come and be REAL - whether it's a great day or a painful day.

This is a great group of folks. If we're not in a bad place today, we've all been there at some point, so we can usually understand. Those of us in good enough shape [I]today [/I]can offer some strength to those suffering [I]today[/I].

Best wishes for your health and hearts,
    Margaret

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
    yvette777
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yvette777 HB User
    Re: Lidocaine patch - yay!

This is a great group of folks. If we're not in a bad place today, we've all been there at some point, so we can usually understand. Those of us in good enough shape [I]today [/I]can offer some strength to those suffering [I]today[/I].

How perfectly said.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:03 AM   #3
    ibake&pray
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]Margaret,

I've got those patches. Aren't they great? The only issues I have with them is that sometimes they cause me to itch. And the work for the entire 12 hours for me for the most part.

Jill[/COLOR]

Old 04-12-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

I might have to ask for these!!

Old 04-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #5
    ibake&pray
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]Pepper,

You might like them. They are good for 12 hours. Are a decent size, about 4"x6" and stick really well. The only drawback is that is feels like cold snot when you put them on. eeeuuuwwwww.[/COLOR]

Old 04-12-2007, 10:42 AM   #6
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Wow!! That makes them sound appealing!!

Old 04-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #7
    hurtie0607
    (female)

hurtie0607 HB User

Hi all,
    I wear the Lidocaine Patch on my butt. I don't think ( well I know ) I could not have returned to work without them, as sitting remains difficult. The pain still breaks through in the afternoon, but I can imagine what it would be like with out this patch Some folks cut the patch to save on expense - as they are expensive, however, I use the whole thing because - well who has a small butt lol. Anyway, I thought I would add my thoughts.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
    DesertBloom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

DesertBloom HB UserDesertBloom HB User

Hi all: I mentioned these a while back and got various remarks on them... Some didn't think they did anything and others *like me* think they're great!!! I've been using them for about 3 years now, and I don't know what I would do without them. Everyone will not get the same results, so don't be disappointed if they don't help some.

I've found that depending on the location of pain (depth) and type of pain they work great.

They work well on nerve pain [U]only[/U] if the pain is close to the skin.

Great on muscle pain.

Fantastic on bone pain.

My Dr told me I could use both ice and heat with them so I do, and that will increase the benefits a bit.

If I didn't have these for sleeping, I wouldn't be able to sleep at all. I've noticed that they work better at night (for me) because I'm not contributing to the pain by walking, sitting, or standing, so they get the chance to really absorb and I'm not making the pain worse by moving.

I still haven't figure out a good way to put them on my neck-without cutting them in half--because they always get stuck in my hair.

Glad people are getting results from a non-narcotic med. Nothing against narcotics, if you have no other choice.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 PM   #9
    Justoneofus
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Justoneofus HB User

I like the patches too. They are dreadfully expensive if you dont have good perscription drug program. One box of 25 costs over $320 outright. But they are worth the relief they provide.

Give them a try! Your doc might even have some "trial ones" for you to see if they help you. My doc gives them out for people to try.

Oh and to avoid the cold snot feeling as Jill so eloquently stated (hehehe), I warm mine up beforehand by placing it under my shirt against the skin on my tummy or somewhere for a few minutes then slap it on my backside! Helps a tad.

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
    Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
    Solidly Fused Nov-2006
    A Success, but still improving!

Last edited by Justoneofus; 04-12-2007 at 09:21 PM.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:54 AM   #10
    hessie28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

I use them on both elbows. Tendonitis. One elbow torn tendon. It takes the edge off. It almost numbs the pain. Doesn't work well for my back pain. That is me though. I use a TENS for that so I am covered. Mine says I can use three patches at a time. What is nice is you can cut them to any size and put where needed.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:28 AM   #11
    melisa123
    (female)

melisa123 HB User

I have been using these for about 4 months now. They work ok, takes the edge off. However I have to wear four instead of two. I guess they are worth the high price tag!

Closed Thread