It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Sciatica & Other Weird Sensation with Neck Flexion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2007, 06:16 AM   #1
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
    Sciatica & Other Weird Sensation with Neck Flexion

Hi all,

I'm having left sided sciatica (at least I'm pretty sure that's what it is) that goes down into my foot. I also have foot numbness and pins & needles. I also noticed what while sitting, if I look down too far (like when I drop something and look down real quick) it causes my sciatica pain to intensify sharply. Does anyone else have this happen? Or might this be an issue in my cervical spine now???

I also noticed soemthing else lately when I look down to far. I've not had any sciatica or other pain on my right side, but when I look down, I get this weird sensation in my right foot just below my big toe area on the inside perimeter of the foot. It is like an electric current feeling or vibrating buzzing sensation. Now I just thought of what it feels like - it feels like i have a TENS or some kind of electric stim on that area. And when I bring my head upright again, it goes away. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #2
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User
    Re: Sciatica & Other Weird Sensation with Neck Flexion

It does sound cervical!! Lifting you up in prayer and hope that you find a reason for your pain soon.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:56 AM   #3
    BigJoe61
    (male)

BigJoe61 HB User

Hi Baybreeze,

I have similar sensations in my arms when moving my neck to quickly, mine is caused by hernatied cervical discs. My leg pains are caused by the problems in my lumbar spine. Having said this, I do know that when any part of my back goes into spasm it affects the other areas as well. I now know that when I feel any spasm coming on I need to break the spasm with medications as soon as possible otherwise my entire back will go into spasm and that affects both my arms and legs. I've discovered that things I thought for sure were in my imagination actually had meaning when I told them to my doctor. I guess this is another case of time to discuss it with your doctor and see what he says about it after all thats why he gets the big bucks.
    Wishing you a pain free day.
    L5-S1
    1997 Fusion w/hardware L2-S1

Old 04-15-2007, 07:15 AM   #4
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Oh nooooo, I was afraid of that. I have had a couple bouts of pain in my neck area of the spine, once I had the pins & needles down my arm, but these bouts never lasted long, so I never had them checked into. I also assumed I was getting that due to bad posture when I had my lumbar stenosis. It sucks..I know I can have issues in other areas of my spine, but of course I always hope I don't. OH well, I guess I won't really know until I can see the doc so I'll just get my pouts out here and hope for the best. Thank you for the replies, back buddies!

Old 04-15-2007, 07:31 AM   #5
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Baybreeze ..... I just wish I could help you. You were so helpful to me when I first was experiencing those deep crampy leg pains and I will never forget it. I wish only the best for you and pray that you don't have cervical problems.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:52 AM   #6
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thank you , Pepper. I'm happy that I was able to be of support for you and thank you for support to me!

Old 04-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #7
    sherry1
    Inactive
    (female)

sherry1 HB User

Hi

I have lower back problems for the last 2 yrs and i have the same sensations!

My neck goes into spasm even when i have done the simpliest of things.

The other day i just looked down to read a book an my neck spasmed on the left side.
    An i have tingly feelings down my left side an cramp in the arches of my feet.
    I was told its all related to my back problem which makes sense as its all connected and i do have a left sided weakness.

I hope you get some relief soon.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #8
    BlueAtlas
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Hi Baybreeze,
    I have a similar thing, but not in my foot. Mine is on the back of my shoulder about 2 inches to the right of my spine. It feels like a bee has gotten inside my clothes and is buzzing around but not stinging. Very weird feeling! At first I thought it was the tag to my clothing, but it wasn't. It happens occasionally and seems unrelated to anything I'm doing.

I mentioned it to my doctor and he thought it was nothing to worry about. My therapist said it sounded like something with a nerve, but she also felt unconcerned about it. She said it's probably just part of my healing process.

Um, okay. If you say so.

Emily

Closed Thread