It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• I Slept in my back brace last night!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #1
    deeannek
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

deeannek HB User
    Unhappy I Slept in my back brace last night!

Well if this doesn't take the cake, I don't know what does. Late yesterday afternoon (this is embarrassing) I went to the bathroom and reached around to wipe a bam, excruciating pain in lower right side of my back. It was exactly the same thing that happened when I did the yawn and stretch last week I think. No matter what I did I couldn't get the pain to subside. I tried heating pad. ice pack having Doug rub it but that really hurt. So I put on my back brace and finally got a little relief but at least it was tolerable. I was afraid that awful pain would come back so I just left it on and went to bed. The worst thing besides trying to sleep on my back is that the brace gets really hot. Anyone else having these spasms by just doing simple things? and if so how are you treating it? Dee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #2
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User
    Re: I Slept in my back brace last night!

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]
    Dee--I used to get them pain's when twisting around to wipe , I had to sleep in my brace for 36 week's all together , in the dead of summer to..I hated it ! but it was the Dr.'s orders.

Hope things get better for you .

Shawley [/B][/COLOR]

Old 05-08-2007, 08:54 AM   #3
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Dee - forgive me I can't remember your specifics. Have you had surgery?? Right before I had this last fusion, I was having the similar issues. All I had to do was turn or move and I would be blasted with pain. My surgeon said it was from the unstability of the spine. Since I have had the fusion, I don't have these issues.

Hey if it works in my opinion wear the brace.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #4
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

[SIZE="3"]
    Pepper that must be true cause I don't get that feeling anymore.
    Hope your feeling well today. Our weather has been so nice here , all the bad weather is in the heartland..Hope our all safe. I been thinking about all you folks living in the states getting pounded by horrible weather.
    I don't know how you all do it .

Be safe ,
    Shawley [/SIZE]

Old 05-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
    deeannek
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

deeannek HB User

Unfortunatley , I have had the surgery and this keeps happening of coure it happened a couple of times before surgery too. Shawley I'm sorry that this has happened to you too, but glad I am not in the boat alone. The worst thing was last night I had a major panic attack about my back and how I wish I hadn't had the surgery, ruined my life, blah blah blah, but I am feeling better today, although my back is still pretty stiff. Do you guys ever panic and second guess yourselves? I know I really need to stop doing that, but it just comes on so suddenly that logic goes right out the window. Thanks for giving me your thoughts. Dee

Old 05-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #6
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Did you have a laminectomy or fusion? If you had a laminectomy, it could have made the vertebrae become unstable and is creating this sharp pain.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #7
    deeannek
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

deeannek HB User

I had fusion L3,4 and 4,5.(November 27,2006 )I also had a 2 level cervical fusion about 4 years ago. Now my tailbone feels like it is on fire. If it is not one thing its another.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:19 PM   #8
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Hmmmm.....have you had a recent MRI?

Old 05-08-2007, 03:31 PM   #9
    deeannek
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

deeannek HB User

I was hoping last time my surgeon did a check-up he would order one because I have been in so much pain, but he didn't. He did do an x-ray which showed a successful fusion and he keeps saying be patient. when I saw PM doc, I thought she might order something but decided I should have Caudal Epidural. I did that last week and it did seem to help after a couple of days. This seems almost muscular, but I know if a nerve is irretated it could cause spasms and burning pain. I just wish someone would figure it out because I am starting to think I am going crazy. I sure wish I had your hot tub. I bet that would feel awesome on these tight sore muscles.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:50 PM   #10
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

If I had one wish for all back suffers, it would be a hot tub. I would even share mine. It has been so relaxing for me. It should be almost ready for me in another 10 minutes.

I am so sorry. Back pain is so frustrating and unfortunately it takes so long to recover from.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #11
    yvette777
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yvette777 HB User

I do have anxiety attacks, the xanax help that. Hope you feel better.

Closed Thread