It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Anyone ever get "stuck" on the floor for a day

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2007, 08:24 PM   #1
    saversano
    (male)

saversano HB User
    Anyone ever get "stuck" on the floor for a day

Hey guys ,
    Has anyone here ever got stuck on the floor and has not been able to get up for the whole day ? It happened to me roday until I got to the ER and they gave me morphine.
    If you have ever not been able to get up somewhere for the whole day please let us know and also how it ended.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
    pooby
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

pooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB User
    Re: Anyone ever get "stuck" on the floor for a day

Yes I passed out with pain at night in the hallway and managed to crawl to my bed several hours later. Also I spent many times in bed unable to go to washroom or turn over.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:38 AM   #3
    Sage48
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User

That is awful...so sorry that you had to endure being stuck on the floor for hours... I hope that they can explain why...was it too much pain?? Hope you feel a little better today.

Sage

Old 05-21-2007, 06:44 AM   #4
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Hi,

I've had many times where I could have been stuck in one spot all day but I just forced myself through the pain to get going, don't ask me how though.
    But was horrible was getting stuck in the bathroom at work!!! At times I was not able to get up from the john or get my pants back up due to the pain. Once I was stuck for 1/2 hour trying to get my pants up & zippered. Then I couldnt make it back to my desk. Someone saw me leaning in the hallway & brough a rolling chair over & pushed me back. I was sooo humiliated. Also been stuck in bed, not able to roll over or move to get out of bed, but forced myself anyway. With my current sciatica i've been stuck for 45 minutes trying to put my socks & shoes on my left foot b/c I cant' bring my leg up far enough. I force myself, though, to do things because I know it ends up getting worse if I don't move at all for too long a time. But I know how pain can really wreck havoc and make one miserable.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:34 AM   #5
    pooby
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

pooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB User

I blacked out prior to my surgery 27 yrs ago but I still remember it. My husband worked nights and I had three children. I had gotten up to try to get to the washroom. Upon leaving the bathroom the pain was unbearable and all I remember was horrendous pain and then everything went black. The kids were sleeping and when I did awake the pain was dreadful. Getting back to the bedroom was a nightmare.

It left a pretty big impression on me as I remember it so clearly even now. It was shortly thereafter that the ortho who I had been seeing for 16 yr said that it was time for surgery.

Last edited by pooby; 05-21-2007 at 07:35 AM.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #6
    Paul from CA
    Inactive
    (male)

Paul from CA HB User

wow sav, sorry ya had to go thru that.
    It's real humbling and scary.
    I locked up while standing and hunched over to turn a knob on an appliance.
    Excruciating and I don't mind saying I was crying from the panic and pain.
    The muscles spasmed and locked me into a postion that was painful. That caused a more spasm and more pain run-away chain reaction.
    Later that night the muscles relaxed and "let me go".

Old 05-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #7
    Vegas74
    (male)

Vegas74 HB User

those were the good old days now i live on the floor for the last 2.5 years after 2 operations that were successful in their own right, but we havent found the source of the pain, i'm doing lazer denervation around my facet joints-it hasnt helped yet but the recovery isnt like the other 2 6 hour operations I've had, I went from bodybuilding to being a cripple in a matter of monthsw, what was a good body now looks like a potqatoe with tooth picks in it, and the drugs are the worst poisn ever, be glad your only on the floor for a day, best wishes, do something sooner than later- i did or it would have been worse-though it mite not sound like it.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #8
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

I think somebody is trying to tell you to take care of yourself and I am sorry you endured that.

Last edited by ms_west; 05-21-2007 at 03:27 PM.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:10 PM   #9
    OnHold
    (female)

OnHold HB User

I've been there too! I was just thankful there was a floor to be on, since chairs, bed, couch just were too painful. My husband wanted to take me to the ER that night, but that costs us dearly so I endured until the next morning when we could go to a walk-in clinic.

It was so nice after the shots they gave me to relieve pain to feel the pain slip away from me - slept like a baby the rest of the day (in my bed rather than the floor)!

Hang in there - we all understand.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #10
    yvette777
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yvette777 HB User

I remember way back in the day when I first herniated the discs and was home alone, I was starving, and tried to get to the kitchen, ended up laying on the floor in the hallway and laid there half the day and inched my way back to the bed little at a time...ahh the good old days.

Thankfully those days are over and hope to never see them again!!! Hope you get better to.

Closed Thread