It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• My foot is buzzing ???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User
    My foot is buzzing ???

Hi guys? Just a quick question. I have been up on my feet alot today getting ready for a cookout tomorrow and my foot that hurts me all the time is buzzing along the outer part of it. It feels like I have bees in it.

Is this my nerve?? I have never felt buzzing - I am also have a cold feeling to it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User
    Re: My foot is buzzing ???

My goodness Pepper yes it's your nerves , you need to DEMAND treatment before you end up with permanent damage..I feel so bad for you .
    What is it your Dr. is saying ? He need's to do something about this before it's to late. Sorry I keep jumping in on your post but I'm really worried about you. I wish you would see another Dr. or make your doctor realize whats going on here..

I'm scared for you .

Old 07-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Shawley, thank you. I am seeing a new doctor, gp, on July 23rd. This is weirder than weird. I suspect it is just flaring because I have been up on it so much today. I will call my surgeon if it continues into Thursday.

Last edited by ms_west; 07-03-2007 at 02:16 PM.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]That's a good idea Pepper. I feel alittle better now . [/B][/COLOR][QUOTE=123dietdrpepper;3078422]Shawley, thank you. I am seeing a new doctor, gp, on July 23rd. This is weirder than weird. I suspect it is just flaring because I have been up on it so much today. I will call my surgeon if it continues into Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Old 07-03-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Pepper, Yes, that does sound like nerves! I get buzzing in my right foot and actually got it along the side of my mid spine one time, too. To me, I relate it feeling like having a tens unit on that spot, taht buzzing feeling you get from the stimulation (except it happens without having the TENS). Sometimes it feels more prickly like you said (bee stings or cactus spines or something).

With my last bout of sciatica on teh left side, my left foot was numb at first, then it would come & go, then I also got really sharp prickly pins & needles, and my foot was also ice cold at the same time. So i've experienced that as well. When I finally saw my surgeon about it all, he told me it was all from the nerve.

It may well be acting up from doing so much, but definitely do let your doc know about it. I am sorry you keep having all these weird symptoms going on, I know what it feels like & wish you didn't have to go through it all. But you know, all of us spineys can relate and we're always here for ya (even though we can't cure your pain).

Old 07-03-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
    xzx
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

xzx HB User

Baybreeze and Shawley are right. You poor thing. I hope this new doc helps you. I will keep you in my prayers. Try to have a good fourth, let others bring everything to you. Wish I could take it away for you.

Rose

Old 07-03-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
    Harmony5
    Veteran
    (female)

Harmony5 HB User

Hi! I get the buzzing in my feet too and yes, it's strange! In fact, I'm getting it at this moment and my left leg is also buzzing. I mostly get it in my feet though. I was just standing too much which triggers it like you said. It is the nerves acting up. I'm sorry you are having to deal with it along with your other symptoms. Take care and have a good 4th of July but don't over do.

Harmony

Old 07-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #8
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

It appears I am not alone in this. This is what I love about this board. You can ask anything and someone shares a similiar feeling/experience.

When I was in the hot tub, I was fine. As soon as I got out it is back.

Hope you find some relief too Harmony.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:03 PM   #9
    6-paq
    (female)

6-paq HB User

Yes, I get it also! My foot problems started with numbness/tingling in the toes when I did my daily walk. It has progressed to the "buzzing" in my feet and stinging in my toes and gets worse when I've just been on my feet, no matter if I walk or not.

I have moderate lumbar central canal stenosis at L4-L5, but my neuro suspects that I have MS, so he is thinking that my foot problems aren't related to my stenosis. I just don't think he's taking the back issues seriously.

Although, I'm really sorry that you are going through all of this, it reassures me that others with back issues are having the same symptoms.

Take care! Pat

Old 07-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #10
    Harmony5
    Veteran
    (female)

Harmony5 HB User

thanks, Pepper! That's interesting how the hot tub helped you. I guess it soothed and calmed the nerves down. I'm sorry it's back again though. I hope you feel better soon and the all the rest of you too who have to deal with this. I'm glad we all understand each other.

Harmony

Old 07-03-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

6-paq -- Very interesting. I had surgery for stenosis too!! I wonder if there is any correlation or just a conicidence.

Have you had an fusion? If so, have they done an MRI since? Do they say everything is clear and not compressed?

I wonder if this is a progression of nerve damage?

6-paq and Harmony - although your problems are in the lumbar region, do you experience burning in your upper back?

How about arm and leg calf cramps and pains?

Old 07-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #12
    Harmony5
    Veteran
    (female)

Harmony5 HB User

[QUOTE=123dietdrpepper;3078986]6-paq -- Very interesting. I had surgery for stenosis too!! I wonder if there is any correlation or just a conicidence.

Have you had an fusion? If so, have they done an MRI since? Do they say everything is clear and not compressed?

6-paq and Harmony - although your problems are in the lumbar region, do you experience burning in your upper back?

How about arm and leg calf cramps and pains?[/QUOTE]

Pepper, I do have burning in my upper back but I also have a herniated disk in my upper back too. I also get leg calf cramps and pains a lot esp. when standing and walking, not my arms. Occ. my arms will go numb. The buzzing nerve feeling and pain is all up and down my left leg now and foot no matter what I do, laying down too. It not only buzzes but hurts. I had an MRI last week that showed the nerves compressed with the thecal sac effected but said it looks better than the MRI before surgery (but it feels no better to me - worse). I think there is more going on that the MRI didn't show. My appt. is July 11th so I'll find out more hopefully. I hope we both don't have nerve damage. Like you, I had back problems for too many years. Take care, sweetie and know I'll be praying for you.

Harmony

Old 07-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #13
    duttin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

I have this buzzing in both feet and legs,it developed 8 years after 2 lumbar surgeries with instrumentation.

Mine is beleived to be caused by my MS,but after recent films of the lumbar area,the fusion around the titanium disk spaces has decreased and now at risk of literally having a spacer pop loose or one of the screws or rod breaking.Also beleived that my weakend immune system has caused this.

Its best to contact your physican to get a further evaluation,there's many causes that could be attributing to this,to much on your feet,impinged nerve,swelling of the lumbar region,scar tissue,radiculopathy.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:16 PM   #14
    6-paq
    (female)

6-paq HB User

[QUOTE=123dietdrpepper;3078986]6-paq -- Very interesting. I had surgery for stenosis too!! I wonder if there is any correlation or just a conicidence.

How about arm and leg calf cramps and pains?[/QUOTE]
    Pepper ~ I haven't had any surgery for my back. After having lower back pain for over 20 years, I finally had a l-spine MRI in mid-June. I think my neuro really wanted to look for MS lesions vs. back issues. My c-spine is clear ~ just some mild arthritis.

According to the MRI report, I have no nerve compression. I have a 6 mm buldge in L4-L5, moderate facet arthropathy, moderate central canal stenosis and mild bilateral recess stenosis. I also have a 3 mm bulge in L5-S1. I wonder that since I don't have nerve compression, that is why my neuro doesn't think that's causing my foot/leg problems??? I'm not that informed on back problems yet.

My appt was last Monday. I have no PT ordered, pain meds or anything. He's sending me for 2 more tests, but those are for MS, not for my lower back.

I do not have any issues with my upper back, but I am having slight cramping and muscle "twitching" in my calf muscles.

I do have a friend who's mother had a fusion done a few months ago. Her foot progression was the same as mine is so far. When she finally got a neuro to find what is wrong (she had been repeatedly told by a Kaiser physician that she had a pinched nerve in her foot?), her feet hurt so bad that she had to crawl to the bathroom ~ she was in so much pain, she couldn't walk.

A few months after her surgery, she was walking VERY well and the pain was much better. She was told that her nerves would heal in time.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #15
    clover60
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

clover60 HB User

Pepper
    My whole leg and foot burn and hurt. I also have the buzzing as you say. I compare it to electric like currents running down the leg. First started with the right side and now it is on the left tonight. I just feel like throwing in the towel and crying.

I can relate to your pain and wish I could say something encouraging however I am right here with you. My Dr is sending me for tests to see if I have permanent nerve damage.

Closed Thread