It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• pain in lower part of the head...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-29-2007, 03:10 AM   #1
    Sasuke007
    (female)

Sasuke007 HB User
    pain in lower part of the head...

can someone please help me.. im having these terrible pains right where the spin meets the back of the skull. and today it got bad it has kept me up and now for the first time it made me throw up. the pain is unbearble

please help..

Last edited by Sasuke007; 08-29-2007 at 03:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 06:09 AM   #2
    Roy47
    Inactive
    (male)

Roy47 HB User
    Re: pain in lower part of the head...

Sasuke007,

I am not an expert; but perhaps this sounds like perhaps you have a possibility of something else other than back problems. Do you have ringing in your ears?

Do you have at times feel like someone has a nail and a hammer driving in through your skull into your brain? Do you have problems remembering things that happened a couple of days ago? But yet, you can remeber things very clearly from a year ago and past that?

The reason that I ask these questions is that I have all these things as well as back surgery. It is a thing called [COLOR="Red"][B]Arnold Charie Malformation[/B][/COLOR]. If you are having some of these issues that I mentioned above I would go to the neurologist posts on this site. It might be listed as brain disorders as well.

It is a thing that happens to 1/250,000 and it is a thing that happens the experts feel while in the womb.. I would go see a neurologist and visit the sites that I mentioned above...

I wish you the best of luck...

Roy

Old 08-29-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
    chatterboxsd
    Veteran
    (female)

chatterboxsd HB User

Sasuke - definitely get this checked out. We are not doctors here, so we cannot diagnose you, BUT! this sounds like something that needs help! Be specific about what the pain is like (sharp, aching, throbbing) and what helps it and makes it worse, such as ice, heat, positioning and such, when you report to the doctor. Call today and be assertive that you need help!

Good luck to you. Let us know what happens.
    - Margaret

Old 09-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #4
    Sasuke007
    (female)

Sasuke007 HB User

i went to the doctors friday and he said that im having mirganes and put me on a low fat diet. he said the cause is the foods im eating and my hormones.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #5
    mcarr36
    (female)

mcarr36 HB User

[QUOTE=Sasuke007;3180976]can someone please help me.. im having these terrible pains right where the spin meets the back of the skull. and today it got bad it has kept me up and now for the first time it made me throw up. the pain is unbearble

please help..[

I have that pain. For me it is caused by a problem with my C-2 spine (neck) and they call it an occipital headache. I get relief from nerve blocks done every 3 months. I hope you find an answer and a solution! Hang in there.
    Melissa

Old 09-04-2007, 09:17 AM   #6
    Tulip15
    (female)

Tulip15 HB User

If it is migraines, (a low fat diet?), I've never heard of a doctor prescribing this for migraines. I too suffer from migraines, but I have never ever been prescribed this type of so-called medicine for it, if you keep getting these headaches I would seek out another opinion.
    Tuliip15

Old 09-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

I am pretty much getting the same thing right now. Pain right at the base of the skull, nothing really relieves it, not pain meds, muscle relaxers so forth.. I have had it turn right into a migraine, but (anyone feel free to correct me If I am wrong) I have a history of migraines, will not get one for years & then bam, & they last for up to a month. A migriane is typically a one sided headache, and the pain is unbearable, pain meds do not have an impact on it. Have to take certain meds. to reduce blood vessels around the brain, to completly disolve the migraine, is what I have been told in past. I have been hosptilized for them in the past also, they scare me to death. alot of people have aura's with them, easiest thing to do is look up migraines, pretty much will be able to tell whether you are having them or not.
    As for as What your doctor said that surprises me because there are so many causes for migraines how could he tell that quickly the cause?
    I vomit when I get them bad, I believe the pain I am having is not a migriane but is bringing them on. I can only tell you what gives me relief for the pain at the base of my skull & that is icing it, or sometimes moist heat will help. If the migraine goes full blown then I have to go into my doctors because there will be no relief. Did your doctor give you anything to try? Never heard of a doctor not if they believe it is a migraine, because they are so hard to get rid of & so painful. Let us know how you are, & good luck with relief I know how you feel right now. I believe mine is coming form the neck,will find out with doctor appoin. sept 10, Dont sit in pain get another opinion & for goodness sake if it is a migraine make sure they give you something for it. Sammy

Old 09-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #8
    Moldova
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

I am sorry for trying to play a Dr here, but just as a suggestions- if you see nothing helps you, go and see another opinion. Did your Dr sent you for any tests? How can he be so sure that this is migrane pain?
    I have my migranes pain for years and I was suggested to stay away from coffeine, chocolate, red wine.. but low fat diet??? Never heard about it.
    Please, make sure that you got the right diagnoses. I like that "mistery diagnoses" documentary programm and it shows how many people have horrible health issues and nobody can diagnose them for years.
    Best wishes, take care...

Closed Thread