It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• lower back pain and several UTI's

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-19-2007, 06:33 PM   #16
    chablis3
    Veteran
    (female)

chablis3 HB User
    Re: lower back pain and several UTI's

Baybreeze....those are some things that Mammy should maybe get checked out to see why she does have the blood in her urine.....if she hasn't done so already. I am not sure if the cranberry juice is going to help me with the UTI problem, but I am going to go ahead and drink it anyway since I now have at least 4 bottles of it on my shelf! I took my last antibiotic yesterday and am waiting to see if the burning, aching sensations come back. I hope not!!

Thanks for your suggestions, I hope Mammy reads your post!

Best to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #17
    MAMMYBOJAMMY
    (female)

MAMMYBOJAMMY HB User

Thanks baybreeze and all. I always had a yearly physical, blood work, etc, and nothing ever showed up wrong with me. I think the only meds I was on at the time it was discovered were premarin, my hormone pill.

I even had what is called an IVP..Intravenous Pyelogram.This is where they inject dye and look at your kidneys. My BP dropped so low when I got the dye, they had to wait until it came back up to do the test.

That and a meylegram are the only 2 tests I have ever had that required dye. I didn't have any reaction to it when I had the Meylegram. Guess if I have to ever have anything else requiring dye, I need to tell them about it anyway.

I do not think the Dr. will give anyone an advanced script for antibiotics. For one thing, it would mean they would lose an office visit, plus the UA fee.

Well, it is getting bedtime for me. Hope you all that currently have UTI's will get rid of them soon. They can definitely cause a back ache, and none of us need any extra pain...

oh, a little p.s. eat yogurt if you are bothered with yeast infections....yep, my Dr. told me and it does work.. See ya, Mammy

Old 09-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #18
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

I think I can attest to the yogurt....I eat tons of yogurt and have been for a long, long time. And i've actually never had a yeast infection. Maybe this is why. I wish the cranberrry juice would work for me. Oh well.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:10 AM   #19
    MAMMYBOJAMMY
    (female)

MAMMYBOJAMMY HB User
    Hey Baybreeze and all....

[QUOTE=Baybreeze;3216635]Hi, I also drink cranberry juice but it seems not have any affect for me. As for blood in the urine, I know of some things that can cause it: stones, uti's, kidney problems, inflammatory diseases, diabetes, and clotting disorders. Im sure there are probably other reasons, but I know these are some. OH, i think some medications may cause that as well.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Purple"]Morning Baybreeze. I have a question about the possible causes of blood in my urine...

what kind of kidney problems are you talking about?

what are some of the inflammatory diseases???

what do you mean by clotting disorders?

Many years ago, I started passing blood through my bowel after taking NSAIDS...Every time I would take an NSAID, I would pass a lot of blood really bad and I kept telling my Dr. every time I did this.

He finally told me to NEVER take another NSAID, because of the bleeding I was having. He said I could start bleeding so bad and could actually end up dead if I couldn't get to a hospital fast enough. So, for over 15 years, I have not had a one. I would give anything if I could just take a Bayer aspirin.......lol

Having said that, Can you elaborate a little more on this for me? l appreciate it..and anyone else that wants to join in, please do.

I have another problem that really baffles me.

About 2 years ago, I just happened to look at the palms of my hands and they were both beet red, like I had been clapping my hands together for hours. The redness never goes away, and is sometimes more red than other times.

There is no pain, no burning...no nothing...just beet red palms. The top of my hands are a normal skin color. I tried to find possible causes online, and the only thing I could find was regarding preg. women, and the hormomal changes
    the body goes through during pregency.

Well, first off, I am glad to say I am not PG. lol. I am 61, had a hysterectomy when I was 29, so no possible chance...

Now, I do take hormome pills. I was started on the 1.25 Premarin (at age 30), and through out the years, I have weaned myself down to the .625, which is half.

Anyone have any ideas why my palms are red. The redness never goes away and I have people asking me all the time..."why are the palm of your hands so red"??? I have no idea...that is all I can tell them.

Looking forward to any thoughts on this. [/COLOR]

Old 09-21-2007, 10:49 AM   #20
    chablis3
    Veteran
    (female)

chablis3 HB User

Hi Mammy, I do know that if a person takes too many NSAID's, it can cause ulcers and stomache irritation. That sounds like what might have been happening to you. I try not to take too many, but at times I find I just have to because of pain. And, of course, passing blood can also be from hemmoroids, which I am sure you know. I do have that problem now and then, but I had a colonoscopy so I know it is just hemmoroids. My plams also get red at times, and also my neck, and I really don't know why that happens! My neice also gets very red in the plam area, and she said her doctor said it is blood pressure issues. My blood pressure is under control, so who knows! It's awful that we have to put up with all these strange things going on all the time!!

I took Premerin, too, but stopped it years ago. First it was supposed to be good for you, and then reports said it wasn't....so I got off it. No wonder we are confused!

Have a good day!

Old 09-21-2007, 11:43 AM   #21
    MAMMYBOJAMMY
    (female)

MAMMYBOJAMMY HB User

My palms stay red 24/7, so I have no idea what might be causing it.
    As for the taking of too many nsaids and the bleeding, yep, I do know all about that. My hubby got bleeding ulcers from them. The dr. put him on a med to stop that. I always wondered why my dr. didn't put me on something like that too, since I know I have a lot of inflammation in my back.

My BP is also under control, and like you i get an occasional episode of hemorrhoids, and I definitely know it wasn't that. It was a LOT of blood...bright red....i kept getting up during the night about every 45 minutes. I didn't turn the b'room light on. I kept thinking it was a flu bug of some sort, until daylight came and I saw it was pure blood. My daughter is a RN, so I called her and she came over and took a look...she said...nope, mommy, you need to call your dr. you should not be bleeding like this...
    since I stopped taking any NSAIDS, it hasn't happened since.

Well, off to do some paperwork...thanks for the reply...hope you will have a good day and a better weekend~~~~
    Mammy

Old 09-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #22
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Mammy, I don't know too much about these things, but for example:

[B]what kind of kidney problems are you talking about?[/B]: stones, kidney infections, kidney disease, utis

[B]what are some of the inflammatory diseases???[/B]: lupus, for example....some people with this have certain lupus related kidney disorders, some cause inflammation of something in the kidney that can cause blood and/or protein in the urine...but then again, in the end it is more a kidney issue

[B]what do you mean by clotting disorders?[/B]: like hemophilia, and other diseases where your blood doesnt clot properly

And NSAIDS can definitely do that..Ive taken some NSAID's that actually caused me to have my period for several months on end while I was taking the meds, not to mention sometimes I got severe bruising all over

I don't really know why you have the red palms, maybe an allergy or maybe even something with your circulation? Maybe it's some kind of rash??

Old 09-27-2007, 11:33 AM   #23
    chablis3
    Veteran
    (female)

chablis3 HB User

Hi Everyone! I am happy to say that my bladder infection has not come back, and thank goodness for that. Of course I keep my fingers crossed! Just wanted to say that I have been eating yogurt everyday as well as drinking a glass of cranberry juice each day. So, I think that might be helping me, and I am going to continue doing that. I think it is helping so far!

My best to everyone and hope you all feel better soon.

Judy

Closed Thread