It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• For those who have had Artificial Disc Replacement for the Lumbar Spine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #16
    Jerree4
    (female)

Jerree4 HB User
    Unhappy Re: For those who have had Artificial Disc Replacement for the Lumbar Spine

SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PAIN! BUT, OH HOW I WISH TO GO BACK TO THE LOWER LEVEL OF PAIN THAT I HAD BEFORE I RECEIVED THE CHARITE ARTIFICIAL DISC....

PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDN'T DO IT!!

I'm a female in my forties that received a Charite' implant a few years ago. I have suffered through 5 hospital stays and numerous ER visits over the past three years. I have spent a total of 48 days in the hospital; some of these in the ICU where I lost almost 1000mL of blood upon removal when a major vein was severed. I have had the implant put in. I was fused. I had the implant taken out. I am on a hefty amount of narcotics just to be able to get out of bed. My pain is exponentially higher than it was before electing to get the implant from my ill advised doctor. My life has been ruined. I cannot work. Most days I cannot even get out of bed or do so late in th afternoon. I suffer from mid back, lower back, hip, flank, leg, perineal, clitoral, bladder and rectal numbness, neuralgia and weakness. I cannot urinate freely. I have virtually no peristalsis. I now use a cane. Worst off all, I have no children..... AND, presently, 99.9%probability of never having the capacity to carry one. I have lost my job, my home, my friends, my savings, my hope, my joy of life. My time is spent in a bedroom where I lay in agony most of the time with my two wonderful cats that bring me comfort and support. There are times when I cannot get in the tub for four days at a time, I cannot comb my hair, get dressed, etc. I get out of the house maybe once or twice a month......If I did not have the wonderful husband that I have, I would be spending my time alone, helpless.... Thank God for him.

I'M SURE THIS ENOUGH TO MAKE A DECISION! AND IF I HAVE RECEACHED YOU TOO LATE...GOD BE WITH YOU!

Your insurance should pay for your surgery. Mine paid for all three. Cal them to ask.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED? HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW?

[QUOTE=DamonAmato;3262495]How did you pay for it?

Has anyone had it done at New England Baptist Hospital in Boston?

Has anyone had this done because of an annular tear in the L4/5 or L5/S1 level?

I've had back pain for nine years because of an annular tear at L4/5. Have tried every Tx possible besides surgery and after having a positive discogram a month ago, the first surgeon I saw (who only does interbody fusions) basically just told me to live with it, which I find to be very unhelpful since I really can't. I am going to NEB next week to get a second opinion from a doctor who does do ADR, but obviously insurance doesn't cover it. Has anyone ever gotten a health insurance to cover any of it? I seem to fit the exact criteria for ADR and it doesn't appear I have any other options if I ever want my pain to get better.[/QUOTE]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread