It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Mri Results

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
kkmom
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User
Unhappy Mri Results

Hello My Fellow Spineys, I Know I Have Not Been On Much, Was Working And All. Well, As Of Last Wednesday I Have Been Off After Assisting A Patient I Guess I Reinjured. It Sucks Because I Was Only Back To Work For 2 Weeks And One Of Those Weeks Was Mod. Duty. My Pain Is Back, Not As Bad As Before, But Very Bothersome. I Have Some Questions About My New Mri, The Very First One Done 12/06 And It Read Disc Bulges 2-3 Mm At L4-5 And Also To L5-s1, An Xray Report Showed Mild Retrolithesis, But It Has Not Shown Up On Mri Or Ct Scans, I Do Have Sciatica To The Left Leg. Now Below Is My Most Recent Mri:

L4-5 There Is Loss Of Disc Height. There Is Disc Dessiccation. 4mm Posterior Disc Protrusion Is Identified. This Is Tilted Slightly Left Paracentral Location. The Is An Area Of Increased Signal Intensity Indicating Annular Tear. There Is Central Stenosis. Facet Arthropathy Is Present. There Is Mild Foraminal Stenosis.

L5-s1 There Is Loss Of Disc Height. There Is Disc Desiccation. 5mm Left Paracentral Disc Protrusion Is Present. The Left Anterolateral Recess Is Effaced. There Is Left Foraminal Stenosis.

Ok Guys, I Know I Have Been On This Board A Long Time, But What Does This Really Mean. W/c Doc Say's Its Worse And Has Restricted Alot Of My Activities I Cannot Return To My Current Position And As Large As My Company Is (kaiser) They Seem Unable To Accomidate Any Positions For Me, I Have Been There 10 Years. I Am Really Upset, One Because Of The Mri And Possiblity Of Surgery And Two My Future And Career. I Am A Single Mom Of A 5 Y/o And This Has Been A Terrible Year For Me. I Am Trying To Keep Afloat But It Is Really Hard. Doc Is Doing Something Called A Pns(permanant And Stationary) She Said Once Thats Complete I Can See Any Surgeon I Want. So I Am Waiting On That Because The 2 Surgeons I Saw In The Beginning Wanted To Do Alif And Disc Replacement And The Mri Was Not Like This One.

Does Anyone Have Results Like Mine? Can I Hold Out On Surgery Or Will This Only Get Worse And Require Me To Have Surgery? I Am Nervous Now! Sorry So Long Just Only Have You All That Understand. Thanks For Listening And Reading This Long Post.

Rachel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
greenjeans
(female)

greenjeans HB User
Re: Mri Results

Your MRI is alot different than mine, so I can't comment on that. However, Keiser has to accommadate don't they? If you have a disability you are protected by law. I'd check into that. You may end up more of an administrative person, but that would be good for you. Ever think of Medical Transcription? Could eventually do it from home and be with your son

Old 11-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #3
Chris54
Senior Veteran
(male)

Chris54 HB User

KKmom, Did you ever get a W/C attorney? I think you need one now. When they make you permanent and stationary that is usually it. It also sounds like you don't have a job to go back to. IMO You need to be seen by another doctor and you will need an attorney to get w/c to continue to pay you. Your MRI is worse than it was before and they are saying that is it as far as them doing anything. I had that pulled on me by a w/c doctor and I went back to work. I was in really great pain. Five months later I went off and have never returned to work. I was on state disability for 9 months before the lawyer got them to start paying. I applied for SSD and when that was approved they started paying again. I live in California like you. They don't have to provide you a job or give your job back to you anymore. That law changed in California. Just talk to an attorney. These companies and the W/c insurance companies are not on your side. Does Kaiser self insure like the government does? (regarding w/c injuries)

Old 11-14-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
ms_west
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

kk - it looks like things are not sounding the best for you and it looks more and more like you are going to need surgery. I am so sorry honey. I understand it is very worrisome about what you future holds for you.

With Spinal stenosis the nerve is being compressed and the opening for the nerves will have to be enlarged to decompress the nerve. This can be very painful.

Keep us posted and know that I am praying for you as always.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
kkmom
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

[QUOTE=Chris54;3307357]KKmom, Did you ever get a W/C attorney? I think you need one now. When they make you permanent and stationary that is usually it. It also sounds like you don't have a job to go back to. IMO You need to be seen by another doctor and you will need an attorney to get w/c to continue to pay you. Your MRI is worse than it was before and they are saying that is it as far as them doing anything. I had that pulled on me by a w/c doctor and I went back to work. I was in really great pain. Five months later I went off and have never returned to work. I was on state disability for 9 months before the lawyer got them to start paying. I applied for SSD and when that was approved they started paying again. I live in California like you. They don't have to provide you a job or give your job back to you anymore. That law changed in California. Just talk to an attorney. These companies and the W/c insurance companies are not on your side. Does Kaiser self insure like the government does? (regarding w/c injuries)[/QUOTE]
HI CHRIS THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR RESPONSE, WOW!! I DID NOT REALIZE HOW BAD THIS REALLY IS. BUT, HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING A ATTORNEY? I DO NOT HAVE ANY MONEY TO PAY FOR ONE. MY W/C DOC SAID THAT I HAD LIFETIME COVERAGE FOR MY BACK INJURY AS FAR AS VISITS, ACCUPUNTURE, CHIRO, AND MEDS AND SURGERY IF NEEDED. SHE ALSO TOLD ME THAT IF I WANT I CAN SEE ANY PHYSICIAN I WANT AND THEY W/C PEOPLE FOR KAISER CANT DENY ME, SHE SAID IT WOULD TAKE A COUPLE OF MONTHS FOR AUTHORIZATION. SO NOW I AM REALLY WORRIED, I KNOW THAT SWARZENEGGAR OR HOW EVER YOU SPELL HIS NAME SCREWED IT UP SOR US BIG TIME HERE, AND ALSO FOR US NURSES. I AM APPLYING FOR POSITIONS LEFT AND RIGHT WITH MY COMPANY AND KEEP GETTING DENIED EVEN WITH ALL MY EXPERIENCE. YOU KNOW THIS IS REALLY WAY OVER THE TOP FOR ME. SO TELL ME HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING A LAWYER AND ALL, AND WERE YOU PNS ALSO? THANKS FOR THE INFO

Old 11-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
kkmom
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

[QUOTE=123dietdrpepper;3307393]kk - it looks like things are not sounding the best for you and it looks more and more like you are going to need surgery. I am so sorry honey. I understand it is very worrisome about what you future holds for you.

With Spinal stenosis the nerve is being compressed and the opening for the nerves will have to be enlarged to decompress the nerve. This can be very painful.

Keep us posted and know that I am praying for you as always.[/QUOTE]
THANKS PEPPER, YOU KNOW THIS IS SOMETHING I DID NOT WANT TO HEAR. I WAS DOING SO MUCH BETTER AND I THOUGHT THIS EXPERIENCE WAS SOMEWHAT BEHIND ME. ALL THE COMPLAINTS I HAD THIS YEAR, AND THEM THINKING PIRIFORMIS SYNDROME AND PROBALLY THINKING I WAS CRAZY AND AT THE END WE FIND OUT WHY I HAVE THAT LEFT LEG, BUTTOCK PAIN AND NUMBNESS TO MY LEFT FOOT. MY W/C DOC DISCHARGED ME AND I FEEL LIKE I AM OUT TO HANG HIGH AND DRY. NO JOB, NO MORE MONEY(I CANT LIVE OFF W/C ANYMORE) AND NOT SURE IF SURGERY OR NOT. MY W/C DOC SAID I CAN MAKE AS NEEDED VISITS WITH HER, BUT ONCE THAT OTHER PAPER WORK IS DONE I AM ABLE TO SEE WHATEVER DOC I CHOSE ESP. FOR A SURGERY CONSULT. SO, I AM GOING TO DO WHAT CHRIS SAID AND LOOK INTO AN ATTORNEY. I AM VERY SAD BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN IN NURSING 14 YEARS AND ITS MY LIFE, 10 YEARS AT THIS COMPANY AND THIS IS IT? THEY KEEP DENYING APPLICATIONS FOR DESK JOBS AND ALL, I CAN DO THAT, I JUST CANT LIFT. I CAN WORK IN PAIN, I JUST WANT TO WORK. SORRY I AM RAMBLING OFF AGAIN, I AM JUST UPSET. THANKS PEPPER, I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND BE CAREFUL OK.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:48 PM   #7
kkmom
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

[QUOTE=greenjeans;3307208]Your MRI is alot different than mine, so I can't comment on that. However, Keiser has to accommadate don't they? If you have a disability you are protected by law. I'd check into that. You may end up more of an administrative person, but that would be good for you. Ever think of Medical Transcription? Could eventually do it from home and be with your son [/QUOTE]
THANKS GREENJEANS FOR THE INFO, I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #8
Tucsonlady40
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tucsonlady40 HB User

Gosh Rachel I'm so sorry that your hurting so much. I do hope some how, you can get some relief soon.

I'm not positive, as it seems alot of things can mean lots of things, but the disc dissecetion, I believe on my report anyway, meant "herniation"

I so agree with everyone, PLEASE get a w/c attorney. Let me tell you why. In my case, I didn't and I got scre***. You need to be protected, and they can do that for you. Your report is worse after returning back and if their not even going to help you, then help yourself, with the help of an expert.

Take care and I'll be praying for you.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #9
Chris54
Senior Veteran
(male)

Chris54 HB User

KK, You can ask around about a W/C attorney or you can contact the Union. You are Union right? After you have been off work for 5 months you can apply for SSD. I was made permanent and stationary by two w/c insurance companies. The second doctor made me permanent and stationary and did it because he was angry that I talked about getting an attorney. My injuries were in 2001 and 2002. I finally went of work in 2003 after going back to work like they told me in 2002 and 2003. I finally couldn't take the pain. I hired the attorney right after the 2nd doctor sent me back to work. He found another doctor for me to see. The attorney doesn't charge you anything. It comes out of your settlement at the end. I am just at the settlement stage, maybe! I still need a second surgery and possibly a stim or pain pump later. Just keep copies of everything. I have 5 large totes of papers, test, letters, you name it, I have kept it. Get the attorney now. Don't wait. In my opinion they can tell you anything and then turn around and give you nothing but grief. It's the insurance company that gives you the life time medical on your injury. Now they have a Medicare set-aside that they use if you are on Medicare or plan to be in the next 30 months. This is a nightmare all in itself.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #10
kkmom
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Thanks Tuscon Lady And Chris. Chris I Followed Your Advice And Contacted A Lawyer Today. He Took Basic Info And He Having One Of The Field Reps Call Me Tomorrow To Set Up An Appointment. I Hope I Am Doing The Right Thing, I Guess I Should Have Done This A Long Time Ago. I Never Would Have Thought My Job Would Do This To Me. I Am So Hurt!!

Closed Thread