It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• feels like i got "kicked" in the lower back??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-25-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
    lesha3
    (female)

lesha3 HB User
    feels like i got "kicked" in the lower back??

can someone please help me figure out what this might be? i have numorous back problems to deal with, but lately it feels like someone kicked me in the lower back with a steel toe boot. it throbbs,it stings,the pain radiates,just as though i have been kicked there.does anyone know what kind of pain this sounds like?. i take percocet on a daily basis,but it dont even feel like they are working at all anymore.any advice??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
    mcda
    Inactive
    (female)

mcda HB User
    Re: feels like i got "kicked" in the lower back??

Hello, lesha...Have you ever had any x-rays or a MRI done on your back? Are you having any buttock or leg pain? How long have you had "back problems"? Thanks, in advance.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

I agree with Tam, have you had a work up by a doctor? It sounds like someone has seen you because you are taking percocet. Please provide us with as much background information as you can and we will be glad to help you as much as possible.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:59 AM   #4
    lesha3
    (female)

lesha3 HB User

yes,i have been dealing with back pain for 3 years now.ive had several mris in the last few years.i also am disabled now do to back problems.at first i had a cenral herniated disk,than 3 herniated disks,L3,L4L5,S1,also have a siatic nerve all the way from left hip down left leg.most recent mri no longer shows herniated disks,they must have disapeared, but now i have degenerative disk disease,and degenerative osteoarthritis of spine,siatic nerve trouble,fibermayalgia,and migraine headaches.my left leg also is messed up.my outer thigh goes to sleep often,and has shooting pain.my hips keep getting these painful "knots" in them. i also had an mri of my cervical spine,which shows i have bone spurs,and bulging disks,and straitening of the cervical spine.also, i forgot to mention, i have a tetherd spinal cord,and an abnormal curvature in my lower spine.but having said all this, i still dont know why i hurt? is it bad arthritis, because my disks lost water content and are disinagrating, or is it the straitening and curvature problem? i just want to understand what is going on, and maybe look for a better treatment option??

Old 02-26-2008, 09:04 AM   #5
    deb53
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

deb53 HB User

Lesha,
    I am so sorry you are in so much pain. With all due respect to you....I don't see anyway that you wouldn't be in pain throughout your entire back!! You have a lot of serious issues going on! Are you seeing a pain management doctor?
    Good luck to you and keep us posted!

Deb

Closed Thread