It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Lyrica nerve pain reducer is miracle

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-07-2008, 06:46 AM   #1
    Adamhi
    (male)

Adamhi HB User
    Lyrica nerve pain reducer is miracle

Hi All, this drug has worked so well for me I had to share it with you all. I am currently undiagnosed but the doctor's suspect reactive arthritis at this point, but the result is severe non-stoppable pain for the last 2.5 months that includes sharp lower back pain and hip pain, buttocks/sit bone pain, sciatic like pain that shoots into my legs, sensitivity in the bottom of my feet, broad aches across upper back, shoulders and neck that keeps me from being able to lie in one position in bed for more than a few minutes at a time, and spine-pressure sensitivity, so I cross the gamit pain wise. While the doctors are working on my diagnosis they gave me Lyrica to help with the pain and it is literally a miracle worker...it's like the pain volume dial has been turned down 90% and only after 3 days! From what the brochure says it reduces the electrical activity of damaged nerves. Finally I can sleep in bed in comfort as if I didn't have this horrible disease, I can make it through the day without constantly being reminded by pain that there's a terrible disease to worry about. Anyhow if you're suffering from similar regular daily pain, ask your doctor about this drug...and no I don't work for the drug company or anything like that...I just feel so much better that I wanted to share the good info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
    mznell
    Inactive
    (female)

mznell HB User
    Re: Lyrica nerve pain reducer is miracle

Glad Lyrica is working so well for you. May I ask how much you are taking? Do you increase the dosage to build up to a certain level?

Old 03-07-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
    Adamhi
    (male)

Adamhi HB User

Marlosmom, I've only been taking it for 3 days so no dosage increases yet. Unfortunately I don't have it with me at the office so I don't know the actual pill size, but I take one pill before bed each night...I'll follow up with the actual dose when I get home tonight. Apparently it could take a week or so to begin working but I noticed a significant benefit within hours of the first dose, which then got even better the next day and day after...I'd say close to 90% of my pain has been releived. I had mild side effects the first 12 hours...mild dizzyness, some blurriness in vision, even noticing my heart beating while sleeping (weird) but that all went away by the next evening...I haven't experienced any drozziness or any other side effects and it can be taken with regular pain killers (ask your doctor to be sure though) I accompany it with 500/5 of hydrocodone before bed and again at 2am and now can sleep like an angel, finaly! During the day I'm mostly fine but accompany it with 600mg if IBuprophin once or twice a day as needed. The drug is a miracle for me, I just pray it continues to work forever!

Old 03-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
    mznell
    Inactive
    (female)

mznell HB User

I was given it after my back fusion in Jan. and I am not sure if it is "working" or not. That's why I was curious about your dosage!

Old 03-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #5
    Adamhi
    (male)

Adamhi HB User

I'm sorry it's not the miracle for you that is for me, but I'll check the dose tonight and let you know. But if you haven't already talk to your doctor about your continuing pain, you shouldn't have to live in discomfort like that. I actually got rid of my last doctor because she did nothing for my pain, nor any idea of a diagnosis for the last two months and I just got a new doctor 2 days ago who basically releived my pain within one day with Lyrica. I wish you well and will post that info later.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #6
    2Bbackontop
    (male)

2Bbackontop HB User

I have been on it for about a year now, started at 50 mg 2x/day went up to 75mg and then to 100mg 3x/day last summer and have been there ever since. It seems to "turn the volume down" on the sharp pain I have in my 2 big toes, right at the tip. The surgery I had was just a one level fusion, L5S1, and that toe pain is from the L45 area but Dr didnt recommend surgery on that disc. So far I am good w/ that but time will tell.

L5S1 microdiskectomy 10/2004
    L5S1 Fusion with Laminectomy/Decompression 2/2008

Old 03-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

I am on it right now. When I had some really mild nerve pain this summer, it seemed to help a little bit. Now i am taking a higher dosage, but not sure how much it's helping. My nerve pain has been slowly increasing and it's not usually severe, though I do get some severe shocks of it in my feet tops now and then. It comes & goes in differernt areas. It wasnt as bad when I started it..so it's certainly not preventing it for me. But I'm not sure if I stopped it now, if any nerve pain I have would be much more prominent, painful, or more continuous.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #8
    Adamhi
    (male)

Adamhi HB User

Baybreeze, while it knocked my overall pain down 80-90% I still have shots of pain depending on what I'm physically doing at the time, as well as constant mild aches across my upper back, so supplimenting it with IBuprophen during the day and hydrocodone at night has definitely helped. The good thing about Lyrica is that you can take some other pain killers with it (check with your doctor).

Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
    Marywoo
    Veteran
    (female)

Marywoo HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Lyrica nerve pain reducer is miracle

iam fairly new to lyrica about 7 days now but i have to say the nerve pain in my upper back left side loke udder the shoulder blade seems to have inproved.it was so bad i really coulnt stand it any more,so although still early to say that alone was a god sent,its also allowed me to sleep all night without getting up to use the bathroom.I was getting up every 2 hours and arising at 2oclock 3 oclocke 4 oclock,and today i slept to 6am which for me is heaven because i have 5 dogs and a small parrot to care for and without sleep you can imagine how hard it could be.I was perscribed lyrica back in sept, but was afraid to try it because of all the side effects i read about but so far so good,I wish i would get that euphoria so many people are talking about but better not get greedy,im also on lexapro,xanx and hydrocodone,but none of those ever touched that nerve pain,i wouldnt wish that on anybody and most people that havent had just do not understand,again sorry for blabbing but i really need a sympathetic ear.please forgive me and hope lyrica does even better for you all. love marywoo

Old 03-08-2008, 07:53 AM   #10
    apocalypto22
    (female)

apocalypto22 HB User

hi,is Lyrica a narcotic?can it be used with flexeril etc?I was wondering if it help my nerve pain in feet?

Old 03-08-2008, 08:19 AM   #11
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Lyrica is not an opiod, its actually an anti-convulsant drug used to treat some seizures and nerve disorders. I think it was also recently approved to treat Fibromyalgia. I am currently taking Lyrica and Soma (muscle relaxer) but there are no adverse reactions if taking both, though I do not take them at the same time. The Lyrica can make you feel really strange, though, and it's a bit hard to describe. If I take Soma with food, I have no effects one day I hadnt really eaten, took Lyrica first, then 2 hrs later took Soma. OMGGG I was spinning so much I got kinda scared. After a while, that sensation wore off some and I had no other reactions. But my doc, pharmacist, and drug interaction checkers all said there were no adverse reactions if taking both. I think Soma might be stronger than Flexeril, though.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #12
    Adamhi
    (male)

Adamhi HB User

I take one 75mb of Lyrica before going to bed each night, and outside of having some "weirdness" side effects the first night I took it, I have not noticed any other side effects...it's been a great drug for me. Regarding drug interactions, I don't know for sure what you can and cannot take with it, but my doctor said taking Vicodin and/or Ibuprophen with it is no problem, they do not interact.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #13
    spineman
    (male)

spineman HB User

Lyrica didn't do much for myself. Probably took about 20% of the nerve pain away. It also made me drowsy through the day, seems all I did was yawn all afternoon. I switched over to neurontin, which helped alot, about 70 to 80% reduction. Sometimes when I run out of neurontin I use some left over Lyrica to hold me over, and I can see the difference between the two. Everybody responds differently to drugs, so you just need to find the "one" that works. Glad to here it works for you. Any time someone finds something to get rid of pain is a good thing - pain can be very destructive in its' own right.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
    betty66
    (female)

betty66 HB User
    Question Re: Lyrica nerve pain reducer is miracle

I have been taking Lyrica for my chronic back sciatic pain, but am having the side effect of increasing weight gain. Does anyone else suffer from that and besides changing meds, and trying to exercise, any other thoughts of how to keep the added/unwanted weight off? As you all know, it is increasingly hard most days to even feel up to exercising or stretching when you are either worn out from the chronic pain or in such pain. I do find that the Lyrica even at 75mg taking 2 at bedtime only allows me to get sleep on most nights. I am also taking Cymbalta at 90mg at bedtime as well along with the Lyrica to help get pain relief and rest at night. Anybody else having any stories or information about using these two drugs together?? I do have an implanted neurostimulator now since December 27, 2007 and getting relief for the most part. Thanks for listening and understanding. Chronic pain stinks!!

Old 03-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #15
    Moldova
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

I had 2 fusions and was given Lurica after my first surgery due to a lot of nerve damage in my legs and feet.
    Did not help me at all, they swithched me to another medicine. I met many people who had bad and good results with it. Once again: everything is very individual for all of us.

Keep up with good results and good luck to you!

Closed Thread