It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Lower Back Pain/Stiffness in Back

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
    MissMuse
    (female)

MissMuse HB User
    Lower Back Pain/Stiffness in Back

For the past 12 days, I have been having lower back pain. The pain radiates down my legs and butt, and sometimes to the front of my abdomen. It came on suddenly one day while I was walking down the hall in my house. At that time, it came on suddenly and escalated to excrutiating pain in a matter of minutes. My legs and arms were tingling, and soon it was too painful to move (I was laying in my bed byt this time).

I can now walk around, but my back is stiff, after sitting for only a few minutes, upon standing. I was tested for a UTI 12 days ago; at that time, I was told I had some bacteria in my urine, but the doctor would only prescribe me vicodin for the pain (which didn't help). I have since been taking 1,000mg of Tylenol and trying to rest, applying heat and cold to the area, but the healing seems to have reached a plateau. Today, I'm having some very spotty bleeding (had period this month already), and still having back pain and stiffness. Sometimes the right side of my lower back seems swollen (where most of the pain occurs); others it's fine.

I'm thinking sciatica, UTI, or something else. Any opinions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
    Justoneofus
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Justoneofus HB User
    Re: Lower Back Pain/Stiffness in Back

Hi. It's virtually impossible for any of us to know baased on what you have shared, but on the quick of it, it doesnt really sound spine related, but more another issue, either female or possibly kidneys, etc. Especially where you mentioned the wrap around pains to the abdomen with other issues you mentioned.

I would suggest if things persist you go back to your doctor, and/or go to a new doctor for further testing to find out what is going on. Don't let it go for too long. Always better to be checked then unchecked.

Hope you feel better soon and that it's nothing serious.

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
    Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
    Solidly Fused Nov-2006
    A Success, but still improving!

Closed Thread