It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Right sided lower back pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-13-2008, 05:39 AM   #1
    jayde239
    (female)

jayde239 HB User
    Right sided lower back pain

I wonder if anyone can offer any advice to me. I have had back trouble in the past but nothing quite like this. It started with something simple - as usual - (I was picking beans in the garden) and there was no pain to start with. But several hours later my back started aching badly. Following that, I went to step over the dog (!) and it was like I got stabbed in the back. Such pain, I could not move and after I did it just kept on hurting. Now I can just about hobble around but moving from sitting to standing or standing to lying is a VERY slow process because if I do it too fast I get that stab of pain again.

So what could this be? Is it just a torn ligament, or is it a slipped disc or what? I am using Bengay to ease it (I'm allergic to anti inflammatorys) but it doesn't take the pain away. It's been going on for 3 days now and it's even affecting my bowels and bladder. Constant pain in the pelvic region seems to be messing everything else up. Any ideas? Or do I just have to accept that back injuries are notoriously slow to heal?

Would love to hear from anyone who feels their input would help.

Also any way I can reduce the risk of it happening again?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 06:14 AM   #2
    mznell
    Inactive
    (female)

mznell HB User
    Re: Right sided lower back pain

The minute you said "it's even affecting my bowels and bladder," I red flag went up for me. If this is indeed the case, you need to get to a doctor ASAP. That and foot drop are the two reasons why someone should get to an emergency room or doctor immediately to be checked out. It usually means that there is significant nerve impingement and the damage can be permanent if you wait too long. It sounds like it might be a ruptured disc, which in and of itself is not serious. But if there is bladder and bowl issues, it is reason for a visit to the emergency room or getting in to see a doctor fast.

Closed Thread