It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Scoliosis and severe leg cramping - HELP!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
    schletzie
    (female)

schletzie HB User
    Scoliosis and severe leg cramping - HELP!!!

I have been diagnosed with scoliosis in my lower back - I don't think it's really severe but it does cause severe cramping/muscle spasms down my left leg. Whenever I stand for 30 min. or more and am my feet a lot, the cramping starts and the only thing I can do is lie down to make it subside. Pain pills don't work. I've had 4 shots in my back but that's a temp fix. Can anyone give me an ideas of what to do. I want to get it fixed. It's restricting my lifestyle. I do wear a support belt but that only works for a little while.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2008, 06:10 AM   #2
    BlueAtlas
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
    Re: Scoliosis and severe leg cramping - HELP!!!

You might benefit from some exercises specially tailored to your particular back. Don't go to a physical therapist who just wants to treat you like everyone else. Try to find one who specializes in the spine. Getting your core muscles as strong as possible will help.

You won't want to hear this, but a cane helps, too. Using it on the side that you curve towards will help support the curve and take off some of the pressure it creates. My scoliosis is quite severe and I have had two fusion surgeries. They both helped me considerably, but that should be a last resort.

I wish you the best,
    Emily

Closed Thread