It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• when does the numbness goe away

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-11-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
    klacount
    (female)

klacount HB User
    when does the numbness goe away

when does the numbness goe away when you have sciatica of the back?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
    jann71
    (female)

jann71 HB User
    Re: when does the numbness goe away

I have a herniated disk at L5/S1 with the protrustion pressing on 2 nerve roots and the thecal sac. I have sciatica in both legs but worse in the left. In February 2007 my left leg went numb on the outside of my leg all the way to my toes. It is still numb. It stays that way. Now if I stand for a few minutes, the whole upper part of my left leg goes numb but when I sit or lay down it goes away. I don't expect the outer leg numbness will ever go away though unless I have surgery someday. I am trying to put that off for as long as I possibly can and have posted in a thread on this board what has been a great help for me with the pain in my back and legs so I won't repeat it here. Of course I don't know if your numbness will be like mine, there's always a chance it could go away at anytime. I just wanted to share with you my experience with numbness due to sciatica. I really hope yours goes away soon. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Last edited by jann71; 12-11-2008 at 08:28 PM.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:32 AM   #3
    klacount
    (female)

klacount HB User

Thanks for the reply,not what I wanted to hear,I had back surgery 15 years ago to fuse together a broken tailbone,a month ago I stood up to 2 numb legs and feet and butt.Chiropractor says it is in the L3 and 4 area where it was fused and he can fix it but living with this constant numbness has got me down,some days I just sit and cry,thanks for quick reply,now I wish I hadnt asked.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #4
    pnksapphire
    (female)

pnksapphire HB User

I had numbness before surgery and still have it after surgery. Basically my Surgeon said that it was permanent damage. I will never be how I was before, but I still will take it! I can now function and enjoy things.

Robin

Closed Thread