It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Questions about VAX-D

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
    efang
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

efang HB User
    Questions about VAX-D

I will see a Chiropretic who can do Vax-D tomorrow for my spine herniated disc which cause my right leg minor pain. Maybe it is my last non- surgery method chance before
    I go to surgery.
    I did a lot of searches but still are not sure Vax-d is a good new technology or it has no big different with mechanic traction just using an electronic table? now I have some questions .
    1) It is said the general consensus was that a person could not do it if he/she has any kind of degeneration.I don’t know it is correct but believe it does. But I still find some patients said they have degeneration but still was treated. I have degeneration , Should I just don’t try this option or listen to the Chiropretic? It is dependent on how big degree I can trust the doctor who does care about me instead of just doing business.
    2) I checked this board and find that the earliest year’s post about vax-D is 2002, but I don’t know why FAD still hasn’t approve it yet and most insurance company also doesn’t cover it, Is maybe it still an indefinite method so the clinic charge so expensive?
    3) I found one post , the person said her disc did a total herniation into the spinal cord and there she lay in screaming pain when one day at the end of a session they were releasing the pulls. She was immediately sent to the hospital and did surgery. it so scare me , don’t know how big chance it can be happened?

Thanks!

Last edited by efang; 09-10-2009 at 11:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #2
    efang
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

efang HB User
    Re: Questions about VAX-D

I saw my Chiropretic today ans he said I am a good cadidate and will start to
    do it from tomorrow, twice a week and for 4 weeks. he said he doesn't want
    me try too many times but he is sure it can help me . he said it will not brake my bone or disc anywhere. I will see.
    ===================================================================
    I did vax-D today, I think it is no big different with general traction table just can be adjusted.

Last edited by efang; 09-12-2009 at 07:16 AM.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
    Frosty6
    Veteran
    (female)

Frosty6 HB User

I wanted to try this too but it wasn't an option when I was scheduled for surgery. I hope this helps you. I had degenerative discs L4-S1 and ended up with failed back syndrome in that my fusion didn't help my pain. In fact it created additional problems but everyone heals differently so don't take my failure as something that will happen to you.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
    efang
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

efang HB User

I have done 4 time vax-D, I don't think it has any big different with traditional
    traction table. but doctor first time said I need to do at least 8 treatments,
    than he said I need 16, I just think if it can help me, I will feel something different after 8 treatments, if not , I need to concern to continue or not althought I understand it can't help me at one night. I find some people said it did help after 17-20 treatments . Don't know it will happen at each person
    or not.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:41 AM   #5
    jenj770
    Inactive
    (female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

[QUOTE=Frosty6;4078946]I wanted to try this too but it wasn't an option when I was scheduled for surgery. I hope this helps you. I had degenerative discs L4-S1 and ended up with failed back syndrome in that my fusion didn't help my pain. In fact it created additional problems but everyone heals differently so don't take my failure as something that will happen to you.[/QUOTE]

Have no knowledge of Vax D but wonder why your surgery was not successful as I am trying to decide if I should proceed with fusion.

Last edited by jenj770; 09-23-2009 at 04:47 AM.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:11 AM   #6
    efang
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

efang HB User

[QUOTE]Have no knowledge of Vax D but wonder why your surgery was not successful as I am trying to decide if I should proceed with fusion.[/QUOTE]

I haven't done any surgery yet. I tried Vax just want to avoid surgery.
    I heard fusion is an open surgery, you may can avoid it or do " minimally
    invasive fusion" . Thanks!

Closed Thread