It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• What does this mean?????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
    Lulubel
    (female)

Lulubel HB User
    What does this mean?????

This is the results of my MRI:

Disc space narrowning, disc dessiccation and mild broad based disc protrusions at L1-L3

Disc space narrowing, disc desiccation and midline disc herination at L4-L5 exerting mass effect on the ventral thecal sac as well at exiting bilateral nerve roots.

Disc space narrowing, disc desiccation and a midline disc herniation at L5-S1 exerting mass effect on the thecal sac as well at the exiting bilateral nerve roots.

I have severe pain in my lower back, butt and both legs. Tingling and creepy crawlies up and down my right leg mostly and in my right foot. I have also started with nasty back spasms in my upper back. I also get cramping in the front of my thighs if I am on my feet too much.

To me, it sounds like buldging disc from L1 to L3 and herniated discs the rest of the way to S1. But what is a ventral thecal sac? I'm assuming the disc herniation is pressing on the sac and exiting nerves? Hence siatiac pain?

I have been referred to a neurosurgeon and/or pain managment. Both are out of the question as I am uninsured. I just don't have that type of money floating around. I am looking into SSI.

I have an appointment with doc on the 9th to discuss changing and upping my pain meds as a low dose of vicodin just doesn't touch the pain or allow me to lead somewhat of a normal life. I'm in bed or on the couch more days than I care to be. Just lifting my granddaughter is enough to flare everything up for a few days and cause me to be immobile.

Thanks for any input............Lulubel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2009, 08:11 AM   #2
    ibake&pray
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
    Re: What does this mean?????

[COLOR="Navy"]The tingling and creepy crawly feeling that you get is nerve related. You might ask your doctor for one of the nerve meds to see if it can help calm them down some. There are several out on the market. Surely one of them might do the trick. Regular pain meds won't touch nerve pain at all. Some of the standards are Neurontin, Topomax, Lyrica.... they all have some side effects, but they releave the nerve pain......[/COLOR]

Closed Thread