It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Going for ALIF procudure! Want Positive Feedback!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #16
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
    Re: Going for ALIF procudure! Want Positive Feedback!!!

I am 7 weeks post L3-S1 posteriolateral fusion (incision down my back and across my hip).

I am still on pain meds but take my long acting meds and occasional break through meds. I am sleeping much better and have been able to reduce my break through meds.

I wear a rigid brace for 2-4 months and have a bone growth stimulator as well.

I am so glad I had the surgery done. The first month was tough but since then I've felt increasingly better.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2010, 05:59 AM   #17
    BiddyMtn
    (female)

BiddyMtn HB User

Doug, Spine & Fedup -- it's so good to talk to people with positive attitudes about the surgery. Doug/Spine, I'm glad to hear your recovery is going smoothly and wish you the best through the year as you find out whether the fusion "took." Fedup, good luck to you on your surgery.

I look forward to following all three of you through your recovery as I await my 360 surgery which is still a month away. I think waiting is the hardest part...

Also, just so you know, this says I'm female, but I'm actually male. I'm using my wife's logon name for these posts. Best wishes to you three -- and major kudos to you Doug for going back to work so early -- take it easy and don't overdo!

Old 03-27-2010, 06:16 AM   #18
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

By the way, with both my cervical and lumbar surgeries in the past few years I was prescribed a bone growth stimulator. For the back the BGS is two 3" pads on either side of my back incision. Leads off of the pads connect to a battery back I keep in my pocket or the case they gave me. I don't feel anything. Both surgeons (used different surgeon for my neck) were big proponents of using a bone growth stimulator early and for an extended time. If this hasn't been brought up yet be sure to ask your surgeon.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:58 AM   #19
    fedupfor
    (female)

fedupfor HB User

Thank You!!! I am ready to get the surgery behind me so that I can get on the road to recovery!! Thank you to all who have been a positive support! Things are going to be looking up for my gimpy self!!

Closed Thread

Tags
    alif surgery, great results, pain free, post op