It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Microdiscectomy Post-Op Leg Pain Reocurrence

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
    SurferIan
    (male)

SurferIan HB User
    Microdiscectomy Post-Op Leg Pain Reocurrence

Hey Folks,

I am 8 weeks post-op from a double micro discectomy to repair herniated discs in my L4/L5 and L5/S1. I was suffering from a major foot drop in my left leg, so the doc said I needed surgery. He was a very good doc and the surgery went well.

I've been doing pretty good until last night when I was in the bedroom with my lady and I tweak out my back and noticed some sharp pain. This morning I woke up and when I started walking I immediately noticed some pain in my leg. The pain was located around the ankle and also in the muscle up high, just under my knee and towards the outside of my leg.

I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience around this time frame (4-12 weeks post op). I am a little worried that I may have re-herniated. If anyone has any feed back I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time!

Ian

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
    parman
    (male)

parman HB Userparman HB Userparman HB User
    Re: Microdiscectomy Post-Op Leg Pain Reocurrence

Hello SurferIan:
    You probably just aggravated a nerve. I had the same problem. I had a microdiscectomy at L3-L4 9 weeks ago. I was fine for 3 weeks. Then my right leg was throbbing,tingling, and felt like it weighed 100lbs.Went back to the doctor and I had to have a myelogram,ct scan, and x-rays. Every thing looked fine. Said I aggravated a nerve. It just happens sometime. My doctor told me to walk as much as I could stand. Do the stretching exercises. He also put me on a medrol dose pack (steriods).
    Ask your doctor about that. It will get better.Hang in there SurferIan!

Old 05-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
    SurferIan
    (male)

SurferIan HB User
    Re: Microdiscectomy Post-Op Leg Pain Reocurrence

Thanks for the response Parman! I noticed today that the leg pain is basically gone, leg just feels a bit tired. Still having some back pain, but that's nothing new, haha!

Hope your healing process goes well!

Closed Thread