It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• MRI Lumbar spine interpretation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-16-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
    scraver
    (female)

scraver HB User
    MRI Lumbar spine interpretation

I originally posted this under a different forum but realize now that this would be more appropriate.

I had the results of a lumbar spine MRI read to me by my orthopaedist's admin assistant. I'm grateful that she did but I could really use some help understanding the results. I'm scheduled to meet with the doctor next week but I don't want to be put on the spot if a decision needs to be made. I might also add that I am experiencing significant numbness in my legs and feet that was brought about in rehab for iliopsoas tendonopathy.

MILD TO MODERATE DISCOGENIC DISEASE
    FACET ARTHOPATHY AT L4 AND L5
    FAR LEFT SIDE BILATERAL L4 AND L5 HERNIATION WHICH MINIMALLY DISPLACES RIGHT L4 NERVE ROOT
    MILD FACET ARTHROPATHY AT L5 AND S1 LEVEL

Can anyone explain what these findings mean and what treatment options are usually offered? I am mostly concerned about the numbness because I have an 18 month old that must be carried. I can pick him up with no problem... when I straighten up, my legs/feet go to "sleep".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    urgent please help!! MRI LUMBAR SPINE sarahkaloo Back Problems 6 01-15-2011 11:37 AM
    Lumbar Spinal Stenosis in My 30's Baybreeze Back Problems 12 01-06-2010 08:41 AM
    MRI results of lumbar spine---what treatment options do I have gettinold Back Problems 5 10-26-2009 09:10 AM
    Could this be caused by problems in lumbar area sammyo1 Back Problems 7 11-24-2008 03:39 AM
    Lumbar fusion and physical work emm11 Back Problems 8 09-07-2008 11:01 AM
    Lumbar curve and much more...please help if you can! beachgirl01 Back Problems 8 06-27-2008 04:55 AM
    Frustrated cervical & lumbar stenosis Pebble Beach Back Problems 0 10-12-2006 01:11 PM
    Interesting fact about the lumbar spine pooby Back Problems 2 06-12-2005 01:14 PM
    lumbar spine xray results mel1977 Back Problems 6 08-04-2004 03:31 PM