It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Back "pain" L1/L2

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2010, 04:43 AM   #1
    pertinky
    (male)

pertinky HB User
    Back "pain" L1/L2

Hey guys,

I'm 23, and would consider myself moderately active, but spend long hours at a computer as well. Historically I haven't had a good posture (sitting) and when I was younger I did far less exercise and probably spent far more time at a computer.

I'm hoping its not too late to fix myself.

I've been experiencing back pain in my L1/L2 area for probably 6 months or so. Generally it doesnt cause me any discomfort walking or sitting or doing most activities, but I can apply pressure with my thumb to either of these vertebrae (or in between - i'm no expert) and cause myself discomfort. A classic example is any exercises that involve "locking" my back. I also experience the pain in the mornings after getting up (i used to sleep on my front, but have been striving to sleep on my back to stop compression) or bending over for longish periods.

I've recently started to see a chiro to help with my posture, but I don't think this will solve my pain. I don't think its muscle related as I do core exercises relatively often and my back muscles would be engaged pretty much constantly so I'd be experiencing pain alot more often.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences and could share them with me as I'm getting worried this could be a long-term problem that will stop me doing things.

I've recently moved and will be registering with a GP tomorrow and booking an appointment to see them with regards to my back pain.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
    Brokend
    (male)

Brokend HB UserBrokend HB UserBrokend HB UserBrokend HB UserBrokend HB User
    Re: Back "pain" L1/L2

I could really be any number of things. It could be something as simple as inflammation from sitting for long periods of time (if I sleep too long or sit too long my back becomes very inflamed for some reason), or it could be as serious as a herniated disc, which certainly isn't uncommon.
    It could be a strain, nerve pain...

Your doctor should have an X-ray done, and if it comes up negative for any issues and if your back is really bothering you and effecting your quality of life, then an MRI is in order, though they are very expensive so hopefully your insurance will cover most of it.

[removed]

hth

Last edited by HBMod07; 08-05-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Closed Thread