It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Pain, burning, tingling in upper back, right thoracic area

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
    bethintn
    (female)

bethintn HB User
    Question Pain, burning, tingling in upper back, right thoracic area

Hi, I thought I'd pick your brains, if you don't mind. I have thoracic scoliosis, which was found on multiple radiology studies in the past, but I've never really had any symptoms from it. For the past few weeks I've had a small (quarter or half-dollar size, maybe) area in my right thoracic area that has just been giving me a fit. It burns all the time with the severe, deep, aching pain and tingling being intermittent It is progressively getting worse. Sometimes the pain is very severe, but it can be 50% or so relieved for a few minutes by someone putting firm, steady pressure on this area. This area that hurts is tender to touch. I have no problems with that arm or hand. It's just a small, localized spot just lateral to the spine on the right. I have increased my sitting and leaning forward the past 3 weeks since college started back... studying, reading, and working on my computer. I try to use good posture, but I know it's still an unnatural position. I have made an appointment with a chiropractor for the first time in my life. Has anyone reading had these symptoms with scoliosis or any other diagnosis? Just wondering. I can't wait to see the chiropractor, and I sure hope he can give me some idea of what it is and get me on the road to getting rid of it. I have also been told on the same radiology studies that I have mild spondylosis in the area. I am pretty young (in my 30s), and have never had any major back symptoms except after a car wreck last year, which resolved in a few weeks and with physical therapy.

Last edited by bethintn; 09-01-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
    Re: Pain, burning, tingling in upper back, right thoracic area

Given your history be sure that an Orthopedic Spine Surgeon and/or Neurosurgeon agree that Chiropractic care is appropriate. I did some chiropractic on my neck and as soon as my MRI came in the chiropractor wouldn't touch me anymore as he said he could do more damage.

Perhaps some massage therapy in lieu of true chiropractic adjustments?

Closed Thread