It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Discectomy-should I have it?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-26-2002, 07:51 AM   #16
    nstar92
    Inactive

nstar92 HB User
    Re: Discectomy-should I have it?

Lamahan,
    Glad to hear you decided to go through with the surgery. In these websites you will mainly find those of us who have been failures at the game of Spinal Surgery, or for some reason or another have come out wrong.

I just went through my fusion, and although I am in a great deal of pain, things are progressing a whole lot beter than I thought they would. I will not even have an idea as to the outcome for at least 6 months, maybe a small idea in three, and I cannot drive for 12 weeks!

So if I can do it, so can't you! My first 3 surgeries failed miserably, I always thought they should have just "taken" the disk, like they are going to do with you, but no, they had to tr to "save" it with every surgery. Well, this time they just fused it all together and said to heck wiht the discs.

I wish you well, and I hope you come back and tell us how things went for you! Remember, NO TWO BACK SURGERIES ARE EVER THE SAME!
    Lisa

------------------
    Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds,
    can change the outer aspects of their lives.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread