It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• What is sacral torsion?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2001, 08:42 PM   #1
    Emerald

Emerald HB User
    What is sacral torsion?

Please in terms that I can understand, just what is sacral torsion? I have visited many sites, but they are all physical therapy sites and I don't quite understand their terms. Also interested in any info on torsion and Si problems. Thanks Emerald

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2001, 05:57 AM   #2
    ~mandy~

~mandy~ HB User
    Re: What is sacral torsion?

Tortion basicaly means rotation, so sacral tortion is probably where the sacrum has twisted out of place a little. The sacrum attaches to your iliac (one of your hip bones) via the sacroiliac joint, It is not uncomon to have some disfunction in this area. It is treatable depending on how sever the tortion is. As far as i know if it's not in proper alignment there isn't a lot that can be done to put it back in place, But what can be done is you can get the muscles and ligaments surrounding the si joint worked on since this is generally where the pain comes from, when a joint is out of alignment then that throws the muscles and everything surrounding that joint out of wack, is there any nerve damage?
    if you reply with a little more specific information on your problem then i may be able to help you a bit more

Closed Thread