It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Scar tissue / Bruising

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-19-2000, 07:38 AM   #1
    Kelley425

Kelley425 HB User
    Scar tissue / Bruising

Hi-
    I had lumbar lamenectomy 9 yrs. ago on L3 & L4 with great success. Then i awoke in the night 6 weeks ago with excruciationg pain, the pain is increasing everyday. Recent MRI shows scar tissue,loose fragments, and bruisng in L5. I will be unable to see my neurosurgeon for several weeks because of the holidays and I have many questions, especially about the bruising. Through this site I have learned some about the scarring but nothing about the bruising. My general practioner did not indicate the severity of my diagnosis, just said, "good news, bad news", and referred me to my neurosurgeon for myelogram. I am very anxious and would greatly appreciate any information. Thank you and Happy Holidays.

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2000, 02:06 PM   #2
    PatG

PatG HB User
    Re: Scar tissue / Bruising

Dear Kelley: Another person from another health board gave an extensive description how a doctor removes scar tissue from around the nerves in the low back. SO, that can be done. As far as the bruising, I would hope that the bruising would heal itself. I've delivered 3 children and I have had my tailbone bruised. One of my kids just about "fell" into the birth canal (he was coming quickly!) and somehow, I had some bruising. Since your doctor didn't seem to really say much about it, I would not worry about it too much. However, I would start keeping a journal of your pain, what hurts the most, when it hurts, does it burn, ache, stab, etc. Also, start making a list of questions for the neurosurgeon. In the meantime, don't feel bad about calling your doctor (you can often ask for your doctor's nurse {not the receptionist} and she/he can get the information directly to the doctor, if you wish to contact by phone) for pain meds (you are presurgical; they usually give them easily) and any other questions. If anything, asking questions can ease your mind and that is what you need right now.

I have problems in L4-5, S1-2, and had surgery there in Mar., 1993, area and just had C5-6 in my neck fused this past June, 2000. Just wanted you to know, I understand because I have been through it. Take care, PatG

Old 12-19-2000, 09:41 PM   #3
    Maria NY

Maria NY HB User
    Re: Scar tissue / Bruising

Hi Kelley sorry you are in pain.. I just wrote a whole post and it went poof lol.. My scar tissue was removed thur a small opening in my lower back. Pain doctor used a fluroscope to see the area and injected Wydase into the tissue to soften and dissolve it. It took two procedures and the pain was gone. My myleogram showed DDD facets problems.. a bulging disc and lots of scar tissue. I have been able using pain management treatments to get rid of the severe pain... these treatments were Radiofrequency..epidural shots and scar tissue removal.. I also use a tens machine to keep my back muscles around the bulging disc relaxed. I am sorry but I just got home from work late.. need to rest will write more if you need more info tommorrow. Happy Holidays to you
    Maria(NY)

Closed Thread