It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Sudden lower back pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-12-2001, 09:01 PM   #1
    Queeniebean

Location: Tallahassee, Florida (Crawfordville); United States
    Queeniebean HB User
    Sudden lower back pain

Hello all. Earlier today, I was struck suddenly with intense, stabbing low back pain. It seemed to have come out of nowhere. I do not remember doing anything today that would strain it, such as lifting anything heavy, moving the wrong way, etc. I am now using a heating pad and it seems to help a little. I also took some ibuprofen. I would really appreciate any advice anyone can give about this..I am really dumbfounded as to why this came on so suddenly. I have had lower back pain before, usually before my period but I am not due for that for three weeks! Also, the pain is worse if I try to bend over or twist the wrong way. Help! Thanks.

------------------
    The Queen of Life

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2001, 09:04 PM   #2
    floydette

floydette HB User
    Re: Sudden lower back pain

Get to the doc, ASAP. They'll probably start you with pain killer, muscle relaxer, and physical therapy. You may prefer ice to heat today, since it just came on.

Closed Thread