It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Methadone = Junkie ????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-28-2001, 08:35 PM   #1
    Joseph77

Joseph77 HB User
    Methadone = Junkie ????

I suffer from severe back and leg pain due to a herniated disk at L4-L5. I've been on many meds and alot of them my body did not agree with. I have tried almost ever narcotic out there except methadone. Methadone is used to treat heroin addicts. My doctor said an option was to take methadone, but it's a little difficult to manage the right dosage. After a few weeks of taking oxycontin 20mg, I went to the doctor and told him it was not working very well with oxycontin due to nausea. I asked if methadone was a good choice. I was expecting him to say yes, because he told me it was an option. He said that if I were to take methadone I would suffer later in life and be labeled as a JUNKIE due to the fact that I was taking it for severe pain. He said nobody would care for what I was taking it for. When it showed up in my health records, no Medical School would accept me because I would be labeled as a JUNKIE. My question now to you is: Has anyone out there that takes methadone, have had any sort of problem due to the fact that the drug is also used to treat heroin addicts ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2001, 05:00 AM   #2
    KLC

KLC HB User
    Re: Methadone = Junkie ????

Have you tried Methodone dirivatives? I don't know it this is strong enough for you
    and I know nothing about medications. I just trust my GP he has been good.I found Tramadol - a basically Methodone/Pethadine mix works well for me.

I can still feel pain but its OK. I am a person who doesn't like pills and thinks that feeling pain can be a good thing to remind you you are sick.

Was 'out of it' for first few days but settled down fast. I also take celebrex with it.

Closed Thread