It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Advice for lumbar disk herniation

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2010, 05:28 AM   #1
almee
(female)

almee HB User
Exclamation Advice for lumbar disk herniation

About two months ago, one of my friends is diagnosed with lumbar disk herniation, but he thought SURGERY should be the last resort and doesn't want to suffer the SIDE EFFECT which is caused by the surgery.

He heard that there was a Chinese plaster, which is made by the herbal medicine, can cure this symptom. Is that true? Have anyone here used or heard this kind of medicine? If do, is it really helpful? Does it sold in USA????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Advice for lumbar disk herniation

Your friend is right. Surgery should always be the last resort. There are a variety of conservative methods that can be tried, and discs can and do heal on their own, at least in some cases.

I'm sorry but I have not heard of the Chinese medicine you are referring to. You might want to find a practioner of Chinese medicine in your area and make an inquiry. I go to a guy for acupuncture. He has a degree in Chinese medicine and herbology...I will ask him when I see him next week.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:12 AM   #3
almee
(female)

almee HB User

[QUOTE=tetonteri66;4634202]Your friend is right. Surgery should always be the last resort. There are a variety of conservative methods that can be tried, and discs can and do heal on their own, at least in some cases.

I'm sorry but I have not heard of the Chinese medicine you are referring to. You might want to find a practioner of Chinese medicine in your area and make an inquiry. I go to a guy for acupuncture. He has a degree in Chinese medicine and herbology...I will ask him when I see him next week.[/QUOTE]

Tetonteri66, really thanks for your reply, I consulted the practioner today, and he said he has also heard of the Chinese plaster, but never seen it, and doesn't know the details of that medicine . , hoping to hearing good news from you

Old 12-03-2010, 02:27 AM   #4
almee
(female)

almee HB User

Guys, No matter you get stuck in the same situation as my friends or you are an expert in the field of lumbar disk herniation. Whether you have heard the Chinese plaster or not, the information or advice that you provided will be helpful. Thanks

Closed Thread