It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• T11 T12 Thecal Sac compression

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
    Sunnyhill28
    (female)

Sunnyhill28 HB User
    T11 T12 Thecal Sac compression

I have suffered with R sided LBP since August 2011. The pain originates at my iliac crest and radiates down my buttocks. Recently I have noticed pain as far down as the lateral aspect of my ankle and foot. Occasionally I get the "pins and needles sensation in my R foot 2,3,4 digits. Last year I underwent a Hemilamenectomy and fusion @ L3 L4 due to a large synovial cyst. I was hopeful the surgery would help but my symptoms remain. I just had a post op MRI w contrast which discovered the following:

Disc bulge @ L5 S1
    Disc extrusion @ T11 T12 compressing the Thecal sac

The disc bulge isn't terrible but would seem to be the more obvious culprit for my LBP, RIGHT? I mean, is it even possible that the more severe problem @ T11-T12 is the source of my LOW back/hip/buttock/groin pain?

Any thoughts?

I go on the 26th for ESIs to both areas. Then, follow up with Neuro to discuss treatment options (probably decompression) of T11 T12.

I am new here and open to ANY thoughts. PLEASE help! ;-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: T11 T12 Thecal Sac compression

Welcome to the board. Sorry you are having additional problems since your surgery.

The L5-S1 disc bulge correlates to the symptoms you describe. It is the likely source of pain in the lower back, buttock, leg, etc. The L5 nerve innervates those three middle toes.

The thoracic nerves primarily innervate the area around the "core," running around the rib cage.

I hope the injections help with your pain.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
    Sunnyhill28
    (female)

Sunnyhill28 HB User
    Re: T11 T12 Thecal Sac compression

[QUOTE=teteri66;4992816]Welcome to the board. Sorry you are having additional problems since your surgery.

The L5-S1 disc bulge correlates to the symptoms you describe. It is the likely source of pain in the lower back, buttock, leg, etc. The L5 nerve innervates those three middle toes.

The thoracic nerves primarily innervate the area around the "core," running around the rib cage.

I hope the injections help with your pain.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for posting! Yep, that's what I thought. Oh well, at least it answers why I have a stabbing pain in the middle of my back. Lol, if it's not one thing, it's another!

Closed Thread

Tags
    degenerative disc disease, lower back pain, thecal sac, thoracic cord compression