It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Freaking out.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #16
    pubbies
    (male)

pubbies HB Userpubbies HB Userpubbies HB Userpubbies HB User
    Re: Freaking out.

Wow you're a trooper, I feel so bad that your in that position. I really hope the epidurals work for you!

Today I got great news when I got my mail. On the 31st I will be cut off from my car insurance health benefits, due the overly exaggerated lies that the IME had wrote. I haven't been this heated in a while reading what I'm reading. According to the report that was made, I'm in "PERFECT CONDITION" LOL!!! At least their keeping my Physical therapy going. Which makes NO SENSE that you're cutting off the treatments that actually provide me relief, as oppose to just having someone stretch me and personal train me. By not cutting off my Physical gives me reason to believe that they know I am indeed injured and need it, Morons.

When you do go to your "Independent Medical Examination" from the Insurance Company - I highly suggest that you record that appointment with your cell phone. I couldn't bend forward or back at these appointments to save my life but apparently, I did them perfectly. If there is one thing that people who know me know that, my memory is so good that most people can't believe that things that I remember. After reading this report more than half of it LIES. Simply took words out of my mouth and picked at some words and made their own assumption out of it.

I wrote down after these appointments what the IME Doctor did and just a brief summary of everything. I searched her name on Google after this report, Too funny. Doesn't have one good review, most say her license should be revoked haha. I don't understand why the insurance company would send me to someone who isn't well respected. I guess Well Respected doctors wouldn't lie like this. Guess I'm calling my lawyer tomorrow to figure out what the hell. Wish everyone a painless day tomorrow

Last edited by pubbies; 07-23-2012 at 11:42 PM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: pubbies
    dunerkat58 (07-24-2012),FLDawn (07-24-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #17
    FLDawn
    (female)

FLDawn HB UserFLDawn HB UserFLDawn HB User

Nervous and hopeful all at the same time.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #18
    FLDawn
    (female)

Sorry you have all this craziness going on Pubbies, hang in there! Going for my first shot tomorrow. Could of not come any earlier. Had a new thing happen today, got tingling and numbness right under the chest bone today. I have felt that in the back but not the front. Did not last long nor did I have any pain with it <just making me mad> that I still have new things popping up. I think that is the disc they are going to be working on first.

I wish everyone a great night.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-02-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
    pubbies
    (male)

pubbies HB Userpubbies HB Userpubbies HB Userpubbies HB User

It's not that crazy, I'm just shocked how they treat us. We pay for the services that we expect in return in the event that something like this would happen. When it does happen they want to give you the boot as soon as possible. That's not right, it's wrong on so many levels. I'm grateful that I have health insurance as well because I could understand how one can go crazy in this position. Just sucks that I need to pay my co-pays now, and who knows how much longer this is going to take!

I'm hanging in there, I hope you are too Dawn! I always get something new happening periodically but like you said, it's never that severe and short term. I remember getting tingling sensations on the right side of my stomach numerous times but never had any pain other than that. A few other places too I remember but always short lived. Perhaps it happened more but there's so much pain going on elsewhere that my mind wouldn't even "zoom" into it for that long.

Don't be nervous tomorrow, I remember it like it was yesterday. I tried to remain calm and I was all the way until they called my name to go in the back - then I started to panic. Everything was going pretty fast at that point and they were prepping me up then bada bing bada boom. Woke up in another room pain free, confused, and relieved. The IV needle hurt the most. The sound of the procedure is worse than the actual ordeal. Next time there wont be any stress or nervousness. I'm looking forward to it and pray for longer relief next time!

I wish you the best tomorrow and will keep you in my prayers tonight for long relief! I'm looking forward to a happier Dawn tomorrow. Have a wonderful night and Good Luck!!

The following user gives a hug of support to pubbies:
    FLDawn (07-25-2012)
    The Following User Says Thank You to pubbies For This Useful Post:
    FLDawn (07-25-2012)
    Old 07-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #20
    aleet7
    (female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User

After the therapy and steroid injections stopped working I was referred to a neurologist. He told me that my nerve damage would only get worse and I could actually feel it getting worse( burning, numbness losing my balance and finally I could not drive because my foot became numb)! I have 4 children and there's no way I could not drive them to school, band, basketball etc! I finally gave in and had the discectomy and fusion. I had a wound check today( two weeks since surgery). Everything looked good but i have to walk more with my walker... That's all I'm allowed to do, no lifting, bending or twisting. I'm glad I had the surgery, the leg pain was so much more painful than my back pain!
    I hope things work out for you. The meds and injections started wearing off quicker. The nerve pressure was disabling me and I'm a very athletic person. Good luck my friend, I hope you get the help you need!

The Following User Says Thank You to aleet7 For This Useful Post:
    pubbies (07-25-2012)
    Old 07-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #21
    dunerkat58
    (female)

dunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB User

Be sure and not overdo when you start feeling better aleet. It's easy to do, since suddenly you don't have the old, familiar pain any longer. The one thing I really hate is not being able to drive and depending on others. However, you must rest and take it easy. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to dunerkat58 For This Useful Post:
    pubbies (07-25-2012)
    Old 07-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #22
    sammieismylab
    (female)

sammieismylab HB Usersammieismylab HB Usersammieismylab HB Usersammieismylab HB Usersammieismylab HB User

I have had these shots in the past. You can ask to not be awake for the prosedsure. You will need someone to drive you home. I could of driven after, but they won't let you. It's painful for some. I just always went in twilight for them. Good luck

Old 07-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #23
    kathnite1
    (female)

kathnite1 HB Userkathnite1 HB Userkathnite1 HB User
    Smile Re: Freaking out.

I've had 3 ESIs in my lumbar. The first one (late 2008) was the worst pain I have ever felt; yes, worse than the pain from the stenosis and the bulging discs or whatever. I cried like a baby on the table, but I didn't move and I was awake the whole time; yes I got numbed and yes I had IV with drugs! BUT the shots worked and I was pain free for over a year; I took 2 weeks vacation that Christmas and had a blast shopping and decorating the house and spending time with grandchildren. The other 2 ESIs were nothing; should not have bothered. The last shot was 3 shots at one time at different locations. And still nothing! That's why I ended up having the laminectomy in March 2011. I really hope the shots work for everyone that has to get one or more like it did for me that first time. Have a good day all!

The following user gives a hug of support to kathnite1:
    FLDawn (07-25-2012)
    Old 07-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #24
    LOP
    (male)

LOP HB User

[QUOTE=pubbies;5024357]Those chair's are really the worst! I thought I was the only one who was complaining about it lol. Definitely write down your questions because you will go blank when you're talking to the doctor. Every time I leave the office and I get to my car, I get that "Oh damn - I forgot to ask ..."

The following Friday I go for my 2nd lumbar injection, they spread it out 3 weeks apart. I asked to have one done in my Cervical and they wanted to push it off until I get the results of my 2nd lumbar shot. WHY? I don't know, but I would love to relieve the heaviness in my arm. I had doctors tell me that, "I'm walking like I have nerve damage the way I'm positioning my hand/arm." Doctors have brought up surgery as an option if the conservative treatment doesn't work and I hope it doesn't resort to that. I don't think I'd ever agree to that surgery to be honest unless I'm at rock rock bottom.

I have not went to a neurosurgeon yet, however I think I should make an appointment this week to see his review. My primary care is my Physiatrist, with second opinions from the Orthopedic, who just agree with the treatments my Physiatrist is telling me. I was hoping things were going to start looking up, not the way I planned it.

I've been getting into so many fights with my brother because of this accident. Keeps putting me down, I'm not working, I'm not doing this, I'm not doing that. I mean please, enlighten me, what exactly would you like me to do when I have 4 doctors telling me DO NOT WORK or LIFT ANYTHING HEAVY or BEND/TWIST. Yet, I have not missed one payment or anything so his arguments are nothing but useless fights. Wish the shoe was on the other foot, he'd be doing nothing but complaining and asking me to do **** for him.

I get it, I've been through so much and with this I feel hopeless. I dislike talking to my mother about my problems because I do not want to worry her. I'm too young for these problems, just like you Kelly. I'm waiting for the day to wake up pain free! Until than, I wish everyone a painless weekend![/QUOTE]

Insurance companies only pay for one shot per visit. Plus, from a feed back point of view its better to fix one thing at a time then ask how did go. Livingoverpain

Old 07-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #25
    LOP
    (male)

LOP HB User

Insurance companies find conservative Dr that tells them what they want to here, and then pays them. If they don't give you a clean bill of health the company will not use that doctor anymore. IMEs are good money sources, your lawyer will find a 2nd Dr who will agrees with you and the battle is on. Keep searching for alternate relief resources my friend and don't be a casualty of war. It can be a long battle.

The Following User Says Thank You to LOP For This Useful Post:
    inmiami (07-26-2012)
    Old 07-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #26
    FLDawn
    (female)

Update!

Hello my dear spiney friends. Sooooooo I was making a mountian out of a hill ant, or thats how it was for me. Was so nervous about getting the shot. Lol let me tell ya, my back was hurting so bad on that table that the rod and needle thing was nothing. I did feel the poke and the moving around of the rod thing. He did hit a spot that did make me quing a bit. I do know that the one spot I have been getting really bad sharp pains under my breast bone is because of that disc back there.

I am soooooooooooooo happy to say that I did get some relief in that part of my back. I would say right now it's about a 30/70 percent better. For me that is a great thing. If I don't move at all I would say I have a pain level of about 2-3 there and that is wonderful figuring that it was a constant 6-7 all the time. Now if I move it still gets a bit high but for now I can deal with it much better. Now the rest of me still is hurting pretty bad. I just want them to give me shots all over.......lol. I can take it. They did not put me under or make it twightlight. They did it quickly cause as soon as I was up on that bed it went ugly quick.

So as they said it will be 3 shots per disc, one shot every 2 weeks. I really hope that this is going to keep getting better, and keep working. I pray when I wake up in the morning that it will be less and less pain. If we keep on this track I will have to have 17 more shots. Getting a bit of a headache and blood pressure is a bit high. Going to be checking my surgar in a bit to see what that is.

Thank you so very much everyone for your kind words and encouragement. Means alot to me. If there is anything I can help any of you with just let me know. I am far sooooo far from knowing alot about back problems but would help in any way I can. Hope everyone has a wonderful night and lots of less pain. Hey hummmm I just might get some more sleep tonight. Keeping fingers crossed!

The following user gives a hug of support to FLDawn:
    pubbies (07-26-2012)
    Old 07-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #27
    FLDawn
    (female)

[QUOTE=pubbies;5026747]It's not that crazy, I'm just shocked how they treat us. We pay for the services that we expect in return in the event that something like this would happen. When it does happen they want to give you the boot as soon as possible. That's not right, it's wrong on so many levels. I'm grateful that I have health insurance as well because I could understand how one can go crazy in this position. Just sucks that I need to pay my co-pays now, and who knows how much longer this is going to take!

I'm hanging in there, I hope you are too Dawn! I always get something new happening periodically but like you said, it's never that severe and short term. I remember getting tingling sensations on the right side of my stomach numerous times but never had any pain other than that. A few other places too I remember but always short lived. Perhaps it happened more but there's so much pain going on elsewhere that my mind wouldn't even "zoom" into it for that long.

Don't be nervous tomorrow, I remember it like it was yesterday. I tried to remain calm and I was all the way until they called my name to go in the back - then I started to panic. Everything was going pretty fast at that point and they were prepping me up then bada bing bada boom. Woke up in another room pain free, confused, and relieved. The IV needle hurt the most. The sound of the procedure is worse than the actual ordeal. Next time there wont be any stress or nervousness. I'm looking forward to it and pray for longer relief next time!

I wish you the best tomorrow and will keep you in my prayers tonight for long relief! I'm looking forward to a happier Dawn tomorrow. Have a wonderful night and Good Luck!![/QUOTE]

Hope you are having a better day Pubbie, I am hanging in there the best I can hope you are too! Thank you very much for your prayers, and know you are in mine too.

sammieismylab (07-26-2012)
    Old 07-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #28
    dunerkat58
    (female)

Glad to hear the shot wasn't too nervewracking for you FLdawn. Don't overdo though, if you feel less pain, still take it easy. I can't imagine what a stress you and others have trying to deal with insurance companies, worker's comp. etc. I never had those issues, so I feel quite lucky. I did stop working a long time ago, and know I could never return to work again. I can't sit, stand, walk or lift heavy items. I was an admin. asst. and worked in an office, but sitting all day was miserable.

I'm having a lumbar mri tomorrow as well as a head ct for another problem. It just never ends. I'm feeling a little down today, so I feel like whining. I need a genie to grant my wishes. At this point, I wouldn't want much money, just to be pain-free LOL.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: dunerkat58
    FLDawn (07-25-2012),kathnite1 (07-26-2012),pubbies (07-26-2012)
    Old 07-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #29
    FLDawn
    (female)

Thats ok duner you can whin all you want. I will listen, help if I can. I know that I feel better sometimes just having someone to talk to and not that they understand but to just listen and tell you things will get better one way or another. I am figureing out that it might not be getting rid of the pain but how to handle it and how to look at it a different light. Sounds crazy but I think it just might help me...lol I know I have my days, lol even some weeks.

I think I am going to let the neurologist know tomorrow that my symptoms are getting worse. I am having more and more problems walking, pain, even when going to bathroom. This part of my life stinks, but hey I still have a wonderful husband, loving family, 2 kittys that still like to sleep in the same bed with me.... Life will go on and I will too. With this I will close for the night, I really hope everything goes well for you tomorrow. Will keep you in my thougths and prayers. Try to think of meadows and rainfalls, butterflies and peanut butter cups in that MRI tomorrow. Stress free is the best way to be!!!!!!!!!

dunerkat58 (07-26-2012)
    The Following User Says Thank You to FLDawn For This Useful Post:
    dunerkat58 (07-26-2012)
    Old 07-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #30
    dunerkat58
    (female)

Thanks!!!! Most of the time I try and not dwell on the fact I hurt all over. It's not good to keep thinking of what's wrong with us, and not look around and realize there is still a good life around us, we just have to learn to take it in small doses I guess.

Definitely let your neuro know that your symptoms are increasing. One of my friends suggested keeping a small notebook with the dates, doctors & brief synopsis of what occurred at the visit, as well as what future plans are, i.e., MRI, PT, etc. I keep a list of my surgeries, but never thought to keep track of appointments. If you have that, you can read through it and remember what you have tried to relieve symptoms, etc. She is a pro at this doctor stuff, so her ideas are always helpful to me.

I have two little dogs who sleep with us and during the day they are always right there with me, which helps me a lot. Unconditional love!!!! Take care.

Closed Thread

Tags
    lumbar disk herniation, thoracic herniation