It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Tight muscles, need release

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
    needreliefnow7
    (female)

needreliefnow7 HB User
    Unhappy Tight muscles, need release

I have had tight muscles in my shoulders, my neck, in-between my shoulders and neck, upper back and low back for years. It feels like I have been working out, but I haven't. Maybe that's my issue, I have been so busy that I have lost a lot of muscle tone and mass. I have been in two accidents and have been going to a chiropractor, my second, for years. I have just started incorporating massage therapy with my chiro visits a few months ago. Lately the muscles in my shoulders, in-between shoulders and neck, and my neck have been really tight and spasming. It feels like they need to release but don't or can't. I've been told to take flexeril at night for a few nights to see if that helps. I really don't want to take more drugs than I have to, but if it will help I'll try it. I don't know what else to do. I've been using ice, my stem machine and a tennis ball to try and get some relief. I get some, but then later the muscles spasm and get tight again. My chiropractor and myself are both confused and furstrated as to why my muscles are so tight and won't release. Do I need to strentghen my back? Is there something else I can do? I'm only 30 and I have more medical issues than my 76 year old Father. Please if you have anything that might help, please leave your reply.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
    Moldova
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
    Re: Tight muscles, need release

Hello,
    I can hear you; you describe the muscle spasms exactly the way it happening. It is very painful and can make your life miserable.
    I know 100% that your life is very stressful or you don't know how to relax. The main thing in muscle relaxing it less stress life. Meditation is an excellent natural and healthy relaxant for your mind and body. If your mind is not relaxed, you body isn't either.
    Yoga is another excellent remedy for muscles relaxation and stretches. More you stretch - less spasms you get.
    Many years ago, before few very bad experiences with chiropractors (although with very good reputations) I had my treatments there until one day I wasn't able to move my neck... for 3 weeks. After I saw my spinal doctors and for other health issues, I was told that these kind treatments can be very damaging to humans body but so many believe in it and come to see doctors with pretty bad symptoms afterwards. I can only use chiro if i need a massage or heat ultrasounds but nothing more. I would never again let them move my body.
    If you go there for years and you dont have any relieve than it means it useless for you.
    Do stretches every day; few times a day. Only first learn to do them in a right way and start slowly. every day increase intensity but don't stop doing it since it very healthy.
    Walking in quiet nice place, like on a lake, near the woods, it relaxes your mind so the body.
    Do your meditations with NO TV, radio, kids running around or phone ringing. I promise you if you do it every single day at least for 20 min you will be in great shape.
    Sleep well - this releases stress as well.
    Take 2 Magnesium supplements before sleep, it relaxes your body and mind.

Make sure your dr checks your blood for vitamin differences, like Vit B12 and D. Since it also can add to muscle pains.

Best of luck to you
    Moldova

Closed Thread

Tags
    frustrated, muscle spasms, relief, tight neck