It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Frustrated Achy Microdisectomy Post-Op Patient

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
    girlzrus
    (female)

girlzrus HB User
    Unhappy Frustrated Achy Microdisectomy Post-Op Patient

Almost 4 weeks ago, I had a Lumbar L5-S1 Microdisectomy. I'm not experiencing any of the pain that I had pre-op...thank God, but I feel like I've traded one pain for another. What I am experiencing is this horrible "sour" achiness in my back and down my legs...sometimes down to my feet. It wakes me up at night. The only thing that relieves this pain is 2 Oxycodone-Acetaminophen (5-325mg), which takes 40 minutes to kick in. Does anyone know if this pain is normal? I asked the Physician's Assistant, and he told me that it was just my joints "settling in". It's been almost 4 weeks and I'm still taking a narcotic. Is anyone else going through this, and if so, is there a med that is helping that is easier on your body?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
    Re: Frustrated Achy Microdisectomy Post-Op Patient

Hi girlz, I remember the achiness post op lumbar laminectomy at L4-S1 being like i pulled a million weeds, rarely came to top of thighs but not down my legs except a weird feeling like my legs were weak. I cant imagine what "sour" would feel like. If i were you i would call the dr if it was waking me in the night. Its not unusual to be taking pain meds at four weeks but having to take 2 & for an ache from back to feet & if pain medicine use isnt decreasing at all i think the dr would want to know. Im sorry that you are having this pain & hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread

Tags
    back ache, leg aches, microdisectomy, percocet