It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Work Injury and Back Injury

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
    natureboy82
    (male)

natureboy82 HB User
    Work Injury and Back Injury

Hello to my fellow board members. I had a previous spinal fusion of L5-S1 in 2011 with the TLIF procedure. My recent work injury occurred on 6/11/13, and was driving my job car which is a government car. I was rear ended by a Frito Lay Delivery truck and a 4 door sedan. The delivery truck driver failed to utilize his brakes and started the impact of the sedan and finally myself at a stop light. I called the police and an accident report was generated. I went to the emergency room and a MRI was the lumbar spine was done and nothing.

I continued to felt pain at my neck, right shoulder, mid and lower back where I had the injury. I went to follow up exam with othropeadic physical who referred me to a Neurologist, and started Workers Comp case. I have been seeing the Neurologist for almost 4 months and the pain still has not gone away. I struggle to get out of bed. My EMG indicated incomplete nerve activity from L4- S1. chronic Bilateral Radiuocpathy, and I requested Cervical and Lumbar MRI to see ay change. My Lumbar MRI results indicates mild changes and a small central disk bulge at previous fusion of L5-S1, and Cervical MRI revealed sub ligamentous disk herniation at C4& C5 touching left side of cord (not sure of spinal cord), and with cervical lordsis and straightening of the neck. I have a upcoming appointment with Spinal Surgeon in 1 week. Had bad experience with epidural injections. Does this mean I may need surgery for both sites due to injury. Any feedback is appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread