It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Old back injury bugger

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
    mistysparkle
    (female)

mistysparkle HB User
    Unhappy Old back injury bugger

Hi.

So it's been about over two years since I woke up one morning and just stretched out my back... and... pop/crack! later I was in terrible pain I couldn't even get out of my bed.
    The pain was intense, like pulling feeling, and I couldn't hold my head up.
    I had Paracetamol and could sleep for some time.

During the day the pain was still present but less intense and only heightening if I tried to move my head.
    I think the pain was mostly located somewhere between T1-T6, but mostly blossoming at T3/4.
    And holding my head also hurt. I could not even hold it upright all the way so if I needed to go I just either held it with my hand or left hanging on the side it hurt the least.

I stayed in bed for two weeks before trying to get on for longer walks.
    In about month or two I was fairly okay, bit stiffness at leaning forward motion and some pain along that.
    Mom had helped me with some gel and it helped with healing, I guess.
    There was no swelling nor redness in the area (above between shoulder blades- where the bra clasp sits). All there was increased sensitivity and pain at touch.

Over time I have discovered weird sensitivity/numbness combo on the right side of my back, and also nearly all body on that side. And if I touch my back I can feel the spot where the sprain/strain/whatever occurred by increased sensitivity if I push on it.
    The area of my back (skin) feels both sensitive and bit numb upon touch, also movement sometimes as well.
    Not sure anymore what the issue might me.
    I still have pain. If I do dome heavylifting at home I feel the cramps/spasms between shoulder blades (I assume the approximate area of injury) which goes away after rest, I still feel stiff sometimes, mostly mornings or if I sit in poor position for longer than healthy.

And before you ask- no, I never went to doctor. I am unemployed therefore unable to pay for it. I have never had insurance nor have now (if I'll ever have it). And my mom cannot afford to support my medical costs so I don't try to make her even though I do realize it might be a serious problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
    jessica332
    (female)

jessica332 HB User
    Re: Old back injury bugger

Sounds like you have some nerve compression due to the tingling/numbness. And sounds like you may have ruptured a disc that has caused the nerve compression.....I would say go see an MD soon, if anything they can give you a script for prednisone... that may help and it is very cheap. You really should have an MRI done to see whats going on...But with no insurance ...that will be really expensive...

Old 12-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
    Zims mom
    (female)

Zims mom HB UserZims mom HB UserZims mom HB User

Can you look I to getting some kind of government funded insurance?

Old 12-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
    noevr
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Hi there should be a hospital in your capital that you can go to and fill out paperwork and get free healthcare. Of course with the new obamacare that is something as well you will probably be put on medicaid. Call or go to local social services they will k now. Try ice too but put a towel on it to protect skin it really helps. Cathy

Closed Thread

Tags
    back pain, injury, pulled muscle, sprain, strain